How are we to enjoy Luxury with the current robbing people/shops going on?

It’s frustrating I know :sad:
Tbh I rarely pull out my classic flap now. She is vintage though, so I generally don’t mind giving her more of a break but I do want to use her more often.

When I go out alone:
- pocket knife clipped to my waist (for easy access)
- no big logo bags or black on black bags
- shoulder bags that I can wear close to my body, under my arm
- go out usually during the day, and not in deserted areas
- take valet
- in general pretty conscious of my environment

When I’m with my husband I’m more relaxed, and I’ll generally wear whatever I want but I’ll still bring my knife. And, well, worst come to worst, we are ready for a fight.

When will this end?
Why cant a person just enjoy their hard earned purchases in PEACE…..
It’s so sad, unfortunately it won’t end until people go to jail and stay there (I use to be a bail agent and worked a lot in the courts)
I recently purchased a reissue so I could enjoy a bag that is low profile.

Last edited:
I live in NYC and there’s been an uptick in crime since the pandemic started and it just keeps getting worse. Robberies, murders, hate crimes, etc - they’re everywhere. It’s also crazy how the NYPD are paid so much, but they do so little recently. They’ve been criticized lately for always showing up late in crime scenes (most notable one was the recent train attack, Google it and find out how NYPD incompetently handled it) and there are pictures/videos of cops doing god knows what on their phones instead of focusing on busting crimes. It’s so frustrating. Much of it has to do with cops being useless and the authorities allowing CRIMINALS with multiple criminal records/rap sheets roaming the streets freely when they should be locked up.

Anyway, I don’t go out as much as I used to and if I do I never stay out late. I also have an alarm system at home. I still use my luxury goods but with caution.

We can only hope that it’s over soon. Although I doubt that it will be over soon. Sigh.

Last edited:
I live in NYC and there’s been an uptick in crime since the pandemic started and it just keeps getting worse. Robberies, murders, hate crimes, etc - they’re everywhere. It’s also crazy how the NYPD are paid so much, but they do so little recently. They’ve been criticized lately for always showing up late in crime scenes and there are pictures/videos of cops doing god knows what on their phones instead of focusing on busting crimes. It’s so frustrating. Much of it has to do with cops being useless and the authorities allowing CRIMINALS with multiple criminal records/rap sheets roaming the streets freely when they should be locked up.

Anyway, I don’t go out as much as I used to and if I do never stay out late. I also have an alarm system at home. I still use my luxury goods but with caution.

We can only hope that it’s over soon. Although I doubt that it will be over soon. Sigh.
So true, I feel for you! I’m in LA Area and it’s so bad here also. They released everyone from jail , it feels like a purge movie. They even released the guy who murdered my husbands best friend. Stay safe, I don’t see an end insight.

It’s frustrating I know :sad:
Tbh I rarely pull out my classic flap now. She is vintage though, so I generally don’t mind giving her more of a break but I do want to use her more often.

When I go out alone:
- pocket knife clipped to my waist (for easy access)
- no big logo bags or black on black bags
- shoulder bags that I can wear close to my body, under my arm
- go out usually during the day, and not in deserted areas
- take valet
- in general pretty conscious of my environment

When I’m with my husband I’m more relaxed, and I’ll generally wear whatever I want but I’ll still bring my knife. And, well, worst come to worst, we are ready for a fight.
My concern is what if they have a weapon
Its so nerve wrecking
Even there were incidents at Rodeo Beverly Hills

I am a reissue or H person, and where I live, this is relatively understated. So I wear what I like (covering up my arms re jewelry) during the day or with DH. I’ve always been careful at night (regular city precautions at home and while traveling, but i feel pretty safe in the areas I frequent most.

I live in NYC and there’s been an uptick in crime since the pandemic started and it just keeps getting worse. Robberies, murders, hate crimes, etc - they’re everywhere. It’s also crazy how the NYPD are paid so much, but they do so little recently. They’ve been criticized lately for always showing up late in crime scenes (most notable one was the recent train attack, Google it and find out how NYPD incompetently handled it) and there are pictures/videos of cops doing god knows what on their phones instead of focusing on busting crimes. It’s so frustrating. Much of it has to do with cops being useless and the authorities allowing CRIMINALS with multiple criminal records/rap sheets roaming the streets freely when they should be locked up.

Anyway, I don’t go out as much as I used to and if I do I never stay out late. I also have an alarm system at home. I still use my luxury goods but with caution.

this is exactly what i fear when i think about moving back to the states. always been a city girl, can't imagine not living in a metropolitan area but very concerned about armed robbery and other crime.

My home was robbed and they got all my jewelry, cash, watches, guns and 6 handbags.
I’m not allowing losers to force me to change my life. I’m slowly replacing everything and will continue to carry/wear what I want.

that is terrible. i can't believe how common this kind of thing is. i think the only way to feel at ease is to have a large fireproof safe that is attached to the house like welded in place or something. maybe better if hidden because what if they demand you open it at gunpoint.