How are the straps in the NF DE doing nowadays?

Basically all items (MIF, MIS and MIU) are of the same quality. It's just a preference. Personally, I always try to get MIF items because it is a French brand and it makes it a little more special to me. But aside from it being stamped on/in the item there is no difference. It just makes me feel a little more happy [emoji6]

Reactions: edsltan
I'm new to LV too. I wonder why most people prefer MIF? Would have thought they are all the same. No?
Yes they are all the same, made exactly the same way from the same material (except for the tag when MiUS. But as @Quinni mentioned, some people prefer MiF because of the brand's origin. I have items made from different countries and I couldn't spot the difference without looking at the tag.

I bought my DE NF near the end of 2010 and had my straps replaced for free after minimal use. They cracked again, shortly after the repair, with minimal use, but I decided not to let it bother me. There's no peeling but I rotate this bag with my other NF's. I typically use it only when it rains and mostly during the Fall/Winter months. I think if I used this daily, the cracking and peeling would definitely be worse.

A comment I read that's very recent...

Hi Guys, I am the one that wrote that comment, I was very frustrated with LV. I did email LV about that cracking,peeling etc and the problems people have had with the NF DE, They gave replied with a "form" letter, however I believe if more people sent in emails this may get their attention. My bag ban didn't last long but I am still afraid to buy the NF DE due to the above issues. What do you think about the Duomo bag, it looks like they are trying to address the cracking issues with this bag, I ordered it, with the hope that this will not have the issues of cracking. But the first sign of a problem back to LV it will go. We shouldn't have to question the quality of the bags we buy from LV at the price they are selling them for. Going up on the price and down on the quality is not acceptable. They did say in the "form" letter that they will take care of any problems with the bag. I am concerned about that.

Last edited:
Why dont they make the DE neverfull with little hardware loops where the strap meets the bag so that if the handle flops it wont crease. Seems like a really easy fix.
I am not going to buy a bag that clearly has issues that they can easily fix but wont.

I have the DE mm and I got it about a year ago. I've put my mac book pro and text books in there and it's held up very well. I have noticed the were the bag gets cinched in, the leather got wavy but I think that's normal.