How are the denim cabas holding up?

gillianna

O.G.
Dec 27, 2005
For those of you who purchase the denim Cabas bag I would like to know have you been happy and how the bag is holding up? There seems to be a few threads on the poor quality of chanel denim cabas and I would like to know if these are isolated incidents or if this bag not well made.
Thanks for your help.

I may have been one that posted regarding the quality of stitching on the handles. One strap came undone at the point it connects to the bag. Rather than send it back and wait for it, my dear mother sewed it and reinforced the other connections as well. It actually wasn't that hard to do but I don't think you should have to do this with an $1000+ Chanel bag! I had used it only 3-4 times.

I, too, would be interested to hear if others have had that problem.

I still want one......
I just wanted to ask now that some you you ladies have had these bags for some time, how are they holding up?
Have you been happy with them?
Thanks.

I posted about this a month or so ago. My denim cabas handle unraveled at one end! My personal seamstress (my dear mother) hand sewed it back (doable because of the denim) and reinforced all the other handle connections! Altho, easy to fix, I felt that for that price, there should be no quality control issues - I didn't feel it was worth it to send it back to Chanel (the SA did volunteer) because probably wouldn't get it back for a few months! Still love it, but a little disappointed in the quality!

I would LOVE to find the denim tote that someone was lucky enough to get on sale (I think) about a month ago. That was a stunning bag.

Is it the one I have/posted? http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/my-new-luxury-denim-multipocket-tote-pics-147774.html

I love this bag so much! I think there may be a few floating around that are on SECOND cut now, so, they are even less than I got mine for! You should try some of the various SAs that are mentioned around here frequently. I think Chanelboy had one at his store, but I also think it's gone. I've also seen a couple pop up on ebay lately, if you choose to go that route! Good luck! I like this tote so much more than the cabas. I tried on the cabas after this one and this one was just so much nicer, imo.

Per my Neimans SA- I got the last one in the company.. She called each and every store and was able to get me one from the Neimans in Beverly Hills. I am not happy right now because I still do not have it. I ordered it last Wednesday and its been over a week. I can not wait to get my hands on it. If you can not find it at Neimans, I'd say try saks and even call the chanel 800 I don't even know if the Chanel boutiques had this line.
I got it at Neimans for 826.00

Is it the one I have/posted? http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/my-new-luxury-denim-multipocket-tote-pics-147774.html

I love this bag so much! I think there may be a few floating around that are on SECOND cut now, so, they are even less than I got mine for! You should try some of the various SAs that are mentioned around here frequently. I think Chanelboy had one at his store, but I also think it's gone. I've also seen a couple pop up on ebay lately, if you choose to go that route! Good luck! I like this tote so much more than the cabas. I tried on the cabas after this one and this one was just so much nicer, imo.

I had the denim Cabas and returned it because the material had a little pull on the front. It is hard to describe, but basically it was a small pull that looked like a white stitch - very obvious against the dark denim. I just didn't want to chance that more pulls like that might appear with wear, so I had to return it. Plus - the denim didn't slouch the way that the leather did.

Well I got mine from Bond St, London, fresh and untouched! It's perfect. I LOVE it - lots of compliments too. It holds everything you'll ever need and because it's denim, you don't feel nervous if someone else touches it by accident!

Karen

Bulletproofsoul....we have the same denim tote and i adore mine too. Its the least worrisome Chanel I can imagine owning, plus chic and understated. And very very very few people have it.

yaaaay for us! LOL