How and when did your Mulberry obsession start?

I got hooked on Mulberry a long time ago, when I came to England as a student and fell in love with their first classic congo leather bags. I still have some of them though I don't use them any longer, kind of stored away in my purse museum. The love lingered on but there were other brands as well in the meantime. Then it heated up again when the Bayswaters and Roxannes came out, and I just got my fourth Bayswater - in purple! :love:

Mine started....no prizes for guessing. HERE!:P

I was a frequent reader of the Balanciaga forum and then somehow I ventured out of it and got into Mulberry and Jimmy Choo forums. Now I'm totally obsessed with these two! I have more or less left Balanciaga....sorry B-tpfers. No offence but Balenciaga bags are predictable, I mean on the designs but not Mulberry....I'm head over heels in love with Emmy and Jimmy Choo's Mahala. So these two are on my wishlist. At least I've won an authentic Emmy which I need to get some payment done.:rolleyes:

My obsession started about fifteen years ago or more when my ex-boyfriend and myself used to shop in St Christophers Place off Oxford Street in London. I bought a scotchgrain make up bag from the Mulberry shop located there!!

Is'nt it strange once you get the Mulberry bug,you tend to start staying loyal to the brand. I have flitted about on some of the other designer forums on here and a lot of ladies on the others seem to covet lots of brands. Although I've got a Burberry, LV clutch in baby blue( I got them in between the Blenheim and the Roxanne) and lastly the YSL,my dreams of my next bag is always a Mulberry now. In olive.

I have always loved good quality leather,I think this stem`s from loving horses and riding.

I always used to buy Bridge bags as I love the way that the bag improves with age.

Since buying Mulberry there`s no stopping me now!!!

Its almost become an addiction.

I was sent an email from Valentines leather (where I bought alot of Radley bags) they were selling the Annies, oak and black for £240. It was love at first sight but I'd never spent that much on a bag, so after a couple of days of deliberating I decided I had to have one. Low and behold they'd sold out but the seed had been planted....I had to have an Annie!!I then bought a great one off ebay and after receiving it about 6 months ago, I got rid of most of my Radley bags and now have 5 Mulberry!!

I have always loved good quality leather,I think this stem`s from loving horses and riding.

I always used to buy Bridge bags as I love the way that the bag improves with age.

Since buying Mulberry there`s no stopping me now!!!

Its almost become an addiction.

Hey!! Thats what I compared them to Andy!!!! And the aging etc,like Bridges really does do it for me,but I'd rather have a Mulberry any day this side of seeing St.Peter.

My obsession started two years ago, I think. I have used Mulberry belts for years (love the congo leather) but I never was that interested in the bags. Then, suddenly, I started to notice the Bayswater and fell in love. After spending m-a-n-y hours in my local Mulberry store, I finally decided on black glacé, and it still my fave mulberry bag. I have since added others, and I love the beautiful leather and the quality of the bags! Love the SA's in my store - they are dedicated, super helpful and have endless patience...

I also like Chloé, LV, Marc Jacobs, McQueen, Miumiu and Anya Hindmarch - but Mulberry has a very special place in my heart. :heart:

2005 - The A'ali Mall in Bahrain has an awful lot to answer for. I discovered Mulberry, Chloe and Jimmy Choo and many other luxury brands I'd not been exposed to before - it's been a down hill (and expensive) sprial ever since.

I've yet to get my first Mulberry - I love going to the shop in Bicester and just trying everything on (love the smell of the shop too). I nearly bought my first Mulberry from House of Fraser in Glasgow last year the Araline (gorgeous soft leather) - I dithered too much and then decided if I had to think that much about it then it wasn't for me.

I totally understand the linkage between Mulberry and riding. I think thats why I love the smell of Mulberry shops so much - reminds me faintly of a tack room.

Mine started in summer 2006 - I really wanted an orange bag, and saw the tangerine araline 50% reduced on the mulberry website after discovering it thanks to posters in another forum. I wasnt really too keen on the style tbh, but as I wanted an orange bag and couldnt find one elsewhere, I nearly bought it. But I hadnt ever spent more than £100 on a bag up until then and so decided it was too much money.

I found out about the christmas sale from posters in the same forum; saw the black araline was reduced by 50% and was tempted again. Then a poster put up a code for an extra 10% off (thanks again Ditab!) and so I ordered it.... really to just see what the fuss was about... I had sort of planned to send it back (the OH hated it aswell)... but then it arrived and I just couldnt - I 'understood' then; the smell, the softness of the leather, the details, everything. The rest is history!!

2005 - The A'ali Mall in Bahrain has an awful lot to answer for. I discovered Mulberry, Chloe and Jimmy Choo and many other luxury brands I'd not been exposed to before - it's been a down hill (and expensive) sprial ever since.

I've yet to get my first Mulberry - I love going to the shop in Bicester and just trying everything on (love the smell of the shop too). I nearly bought my first Mulberry from House of Fraser in Glasgow last year the Araline (gorgeous soft leather) - I dithered too much and then decided if I had to think that much about it then it wasn't for me.

I totally understand the linkage between Mulberry and riding. I think thats why I love the smell of Mulberry shops so much - reminds me faintly of a tack room.

The straps on the Elgin kind of remind me of bridles,and yes the smell,its so evocative of a stately house tack room or something,quite high brow.But also within a comfortable reach price wise and a stand out elegance thats understated at the same time,and I do feel quite cleverly stylish when I carry one,not in your face logos screaming 'look at me I'm just so in'.....................................................................for five minutes!!! But almost a funny kind of a cut above all that shenanigans,does that make sense?

I think for me it started when I asked my friend for advice on "investing in a designer bag" she said that Mulberry is timeless and their bags are classic and will never go out of fashion. So I looked on their website and fell in love with the Kensington, but now I am torn because I have seen the Smithfield and just can't decide between them. But hopefully I will get one by Christmas :biggrin: SO thats my lil story.

I think I am leaning very much towards the Smithfield, in red, but I am one of those people that colour co-ordinates so I am used to black bags as they go with everything.