How Accurate are Pomeranian Weight Charts, Breeder feedback,

Jun 8, 2009
im interested in buying a pom and the pet store tells me that she is 1.5lbs at 16 weeks,... according to the weight chart she will be 3 lbs. how accurate are these charts
http://www.petpom.com/Growth_Chart.html
http://www.sharppoms.com/contact_1.html

also i am looking at this breeder online called tinny tea cup world has anyone heard anyhting bad about them ...i lloked at the reviews that they have on there website but im sure they dont post the negative ones...any feedback on this place...http://tiniestteacuppuppies.com/

Honestly, I would not use the breeder you listed above. It looks like a glorified puppy mill operation. Additionally, I would not rely on information provided by the pet store. Perhaps, you should research the breeds you are interested in through breed organizations/rescues. They should be able to provide you with accurate information regarding the breeds you are interested in.
I would suggest you do some research through other sites than those listed above. There is a lot of controversy surrounding 'teacups' and 'micro' breeds. Please do your research.
Try searching for tiniest teacup puppies complaints. I am sure you will find a lot of info.

DO NOT buy from these sites!! Seriously a fully grown 3-pound puppy??? There is no reason a fully grown dog needs to be that small! There are lots of health risks associated with small dogs like that!!

I agree with aklein please research other breeders/adoption agencies!!

Please research the breeder before buying. Make sure you see the pup's parents, too. NEVER buy from a pet store, you're only helping the puppy mill businesses that way.
By the way, there ARE healthy 3 lb dogs. The problem is that most breeders you find keep breeding their smallest dogs down til they get the smaller pups, which is wrong. I have a very helathy 2 1/2 lb chihuahua that's 3 yrs old. I did tons of research and drove out of state to see where her parents are raised, etc. I wasn't looking for a tiny dog, she was the only one out of the litter and stayed tiny. Some breeders even call the runt a 'teacup' dog. Taking your time and doing research are the best ways to get the healthiest puppy. I don't think, however, that poms should be only 3 lbs. I'm thinking they should be at least 4-5 lbs.
The chihuahua chart I used for my chi was very accurate, by the way!

OMG. I just looked at the link selling the pups. Please do NOT buy from them! There is NO SUCH THING as a 'teacup' or 'micro' chihuahua. A chihuahua is a toy breed, that's all. Any breeder listing them as teacup or micro is lying to get your money. These pups are the ones the breeders put outrageous prices on, because a buyer might think they'll stay tiny. Ugh, makes me sick.
Look up akc.org to see the true size a pomeranian should be.

thanks for all of your feedback...i decided not to buy from any breeders online...especially those who advertise the micro and teacup size...i am going to do my research i want a healthy puppy not a sick one that leaves me devastated when something happens to them

thanks for all of your feedback...i decided not to buy from any breeders online...especially those who advertise the micro and teacup size...i am going to do my research i want a healthy puppy not a sick one that leaves me devastated when something happens to them

I am so glad!:biggrin: Good luck with searching for your perfect puppy!