How about a "Vintage" subforum in Handbags & Purses?

1. Vlad and Megs have done a terrific job making appealing and active designer subforums. What's next? Many members seem to have a substantial interest in vintage handbags, don't they?

I suspect there would be many members who would post in, and regularly read a Vintage subforum, don't you? They would talk about beaded bags from the 1920s, 50s-style bags with bakelite handles, "magazine" bags from the 70s, and all kinds of great things in between.

This could be a great resource for both learning about bags, and for attracting an interesting and diverse segment of handbag enthusiasts. What are your thoughts?

2. Let me see what Vlad thinks... I never thought of that

3. I Like This Idea!

4. I like the designer sub-forums. If someone has a vintage chanel, it would just go in there, yes?

5. I LOVE this idea!!! :heart: I've bought a lot of vintage clutches off of eBay w/ eelskins, lizard, snake, beaded, etc... things that you would NEVER see in the stores now days!

A forum for vintage might expand someones interests in venturing out from a "designer" label! Could be very fun and cool new thread!!! :flowers:

6. Yes. Vintage Chanel should stay in Chanel. I'm just thinking there are so many great collectible bags - many of which aren't associated with designers. Some might be associated with manufacturers or certain trends, but others might be hard to classify.

It just seems like it'd be a resource to talk about interesting and unusual bags - and perhaps give budding purse designers on the forum (are there any?) a place to get inspiration.

7. Make that a "yes" vote from a newbie here. I would definitely
    visit this board more often if there were a "vintage" forum, particularly as the purses I'm most interested aren't "label" brands.

8. Good idea!!! :biggrin:

9. Such a fun idea! My grandmother just gave me a bunch of cute vintage bags, and a vintage subforum would be the perfect place to discuss.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice