Houston, We've Had A Problem

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Jul 13, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2009
    I had the unique pleasure to shake hands today with no other than Buzz Aldrin of Apollo 11 and Jim Lovell of Apollo 13.

To commemorate the 40th anniversary of the moon landing, Louis Vuitton hosted a book signing event in their flagship NYC store, later there was a fancy cocktail hour at the American Museum of Natural History. What a fantastic feeling to meet individuals who had contributed to humans greatest achievements. Still at the airport, gonna post pictures later!

2. SO jealous!!!!!

I just saw and read about people who attended: Adriana Lima, Miranda Kerr, Whitney Port, Lance Bass, cast from Gossip Girl.

3. I walked off with three of Buzzs signed autobiographies, pictures and memories that I'll be passing on to my kids someday.

Yes kids, I shook hands with one of the few selected that walked on the moon! The FREAKIN moon!!!!!

Unreal!

4. Whoa! Can't wait to see pics!

5. WOW! awesome!

6. Hey that's AWESOME!:tup: Yea...can't wait for the pics!

7. Yeah there was a ton of a-list celebs there, I was too much in awe over all the cool space travel gadgetry to even notice. :lol:

8. :lol:

9. That is so cool! :drool: Can't wait for the pics

10. I KNEW I knew Adriana Lima when I saw her... Doh!

11. Sorry but I evaluated people by their historical significance and not by their celeb status :excl:

still, way cool. Many thanks to Vuitton for the invitation!

12. Fantastic, I still recall watching the moon walk (showing my age) and it is something that I will never forget. You are indeed lucky Vlad to have met some very special people!

13. How awesome! Can't wait to see pics.

14. Thank God for that!!^^ What an amazing honor to be able to meet these heros. I just recently watched Apollo 13 AGAIN...I remember everything about the day I saw them walk on the moon on TV. I'll never forget it.

15. That's so cool!