House of Fraser and mulberry tickets....

Mooshooshoo

Oct 19, 2011
Yesterday I bought a hedgehog bracelet and Mitzy messenger from Nottingham HoF, when I got them home I realised I didn't have the small Mulberry card (with the item no, item description etc.) in the box with the bracelet.
I rang the store and was told one would be put on one side and I could collect it. Today I thought to check the bag and same story however, when I rang the store I was told that it was not HoF policy to give out these cards, as they need them for stock control (?) and whilst they were willing to allow me the one I had been told I could have already there were not willing to let me have one for the Mitzy bag...?
Has anyone else had this issue with HoF?
:shrugs::shrugs::huh:

That's a strange one - I bought an alexa last week I the sale which had the ticket attached to the dustbag tie, but returned it and exchanged for a tillie, which didn't have the ticket! Very odd!

Can't help either, I never bought M bags from HOF. It sounds strange that they do not include the info card, what does this have to do with the stock control??

Thanks Madmadmo,

Maybe this is peculiar to Nottingham? It just seemed really strange to me, particularly that on requesting they weren't prepared to give it...?

Mo :biggrin:

I can see they might use them for their own stock control method, but I would have thought if a customer is requesting one (esp if they're spending as we do on bags) it would be sensible practice to let someone have one...?
I'm thinking if I wanted to sell on at a later date, these are things which help sell an item. I did explain this, but might have well been speaking to a brick wall!:tdown:

I can see they might use them for their own stock control method, but I would have thought if a customer is requesting one (esp if they're spending as we do on bags) it would be sensible practice to let someone have one...?
I'm thinking if I wanted to sell on at a later date, these are things which help sell an item. I did explain this, but might have well been speaking to a brick wall!:tdown:

The only thing you can do is keep the receipt, but that doesn't tell you what bag you brought from them either as it has numbers on that doesn't mean anything to me but must mean something to them. When I brought a bag from Canopy in NG I did get the card and the receipt tells you what bag I brought too.

I agree, the HoF receipts are virtually meaningless as they state Mulberry CN and a string of numbers of which only the final 5 digits are different. Bearing in mind one is jewellery and one is a bag.
Every bag I have bought from various other shops have included the mulberry info ticket. I appreciate they do not guarantee authenticity in any way at all, but buyers prefer to get them and it can make a difference when you're selling.

Yesterday I bought a hedgehog bracelet and Mitzy messenger from Nottingham HoF, when I got them home I realised I didn't have the small Mulberry card (with the item no, item description etc.) in the box with the bracelet.
I rang the store and was told one would be put on one side and I could collect it. Today I thought to check the bag and same story however, when I rang the store I was told that it was not HoF policy to give out these cards, as they need them for stock control (?) and whilst they were willing to allow me the one I had been told I could have already there were not willing to let me have one for the Mitzy bag...?
Has anyone else had this issue with HoF?
:shrugs::shrugs::huh:

Hello, are you from Nottingham? Thats my local Mulberry store I pop in regularly but its hit and miss with the service there I've noticed.

Hi,
Yes I'm Nottingham based. Totally agree with you on the service comment. I was really surprised at the tone of the SA this morning. She was clearly very annoyed that someone had told me I could have the tag for the bracelet, but absolutely refused to even consider allowing me the one for my bag.
Not good customer service in my opinion.:tdown:

I've bought lots of Mulberry bags from different stores & I've never received this info so maybe it's something you have to ask for I know that LV take them & don't let the customer have them, I wouldn't worry too much I've never had a problem selling on mulberry bags & I've never been asked for this :smile:

Ha! I had exactly the same thing today in HoF in London. I have insisted I wanted the ticket and she reluctanly gave it to me. I think it is vital to have it in case you ever wanted to sell the bag. I got Gracie in Black :biggrin: