House fire and smoke damage

Sina

O.G.
Mar 29, 2006
I had a really bad house fire late last year and it basically ruined all my bags. Luckily, one bag in particular did not get hit directly in the fire! It was the mandarin epi speedy 30. It ended up looking like a toasted orange. :crybaby:

Anyway, my BF's mom cleaned it with (wait for it...) nail polish remover!!! I know she did it with the best intentions, and that is soo sweet of her, but now it smells like someone tried to bbq my bag and take it out with a gallon of nail polish remover. :throwup:

Can LV fix this??? Someone help me!!!!!!

So they don't redye stuff? :crybaby:

I am not sure so you may want to call them or stop by a boutique. Another option is to contact Lovinmybags (I'm going to send them my MJ Stella to remove some stains). They do color correction but they are sort of pricey. Members on the Balenciaga and Marc Jacobs sub-forums have had great luck with Lovinmybags.
:flowers:

i cant take pix until next week, but i will definitely do that. i wish i did "before" pictures. the nail polish remover got it all orange again except for the threading. im just concerned about the smell. i lost a lot of bags. what i can remember: Chanel black jumbo, chanel white east/west, Chanel grey anniversary flap in 227, lv deauville, some fendi, prada... :sad:

i don't think lv won't fix it, coz you have already done something to alter the conditon.( e.i puttung nail polish ). they are very strict on this .

but just try it ,good luck!

i cant take pix until next week, but i will definitely do that. i wish i did "before" pictures. the nail polish remover got it all orange again except for the threading. im just concerned about the smell. i lost a lot of bags. what i can remember: Chanel black jumbo, chanel white east/west, Chanel grey anniversary flap in 227, lv deauville, some fendi, prada... :sad:

Oh NO! I am so sorry for your losses, but glad no one was hurt! Can you wash it with leather cleaner? At this point so much damage has been done, leather cleaner shouldn't make things worse and it may be able to get the smell out! I know people here like Apple Guard products, I think that most any saddle soap quality leather cleaner would do the trick (have a tack shop in your area?). Please let us know what you decide to do! Good luck!