House fire and smoke damage

mp4

Weimanuts!
O.G.
Oct 20, 2007
I've been through a house fire, so I know what you are feeling. Do whatever you can to get it into some sort of decent shape. I had very little left after my fire and I treasured the very few things that were left...even if they were a little damaged.

Did you try leaving it outside to see if the smell might come out of it? Also, you may want to try to contact a fire/smoke damage repair company. They may have some suggestions.

Good luck!:hugs:

I'm sure insurance is going to give you a hard time since you do not have much proof left for majorly expensive items. Try to find friends that have photos of you with some of these to convince the adjustor that had those types of items. Also, maybe you paid for a lot of things with your credit card...maybe you can get old statements on-line? I eventually got a settlement I could live with.

TheNordstrom Anniversary Saleis NOW open to Ambassador cardmembers.Click or tap to shop the Nordstrom sale!
P.S. Don't forget to join the activeNAS 2020 threadand share your hauls with the community!

Sina

O.G.
Mar 29, 2006
Hey guys, I forgot all about this thread until the search came back up! Here is a pic of the bag, it's not a great pic, but you can see how clean she got it! The only problem is the threading is still black-ish, but the bag is still as orange as the day I got it. Crazy huh?

Last edited:

Sina

O.G.
Mar 29, 2006
I've been through a house fire, so I know what you are feeling. Do whatever you can to get it into some sort of decent shape. I had very little left after my fire and I treasured the very few things that were left...even if they were a little damaged.

Did you try leaving it outside to see if the smell might come out of it? Also, you may want to try to contact a fire/smoke damage repair company. They may have some suggestions.

Good luck!:hugs:

I'm sure insurance is going to give you a hard time since you do not have much proof left for majorly expensive items. Try to find friends that have photos of you with some of these to convince the adjustor that had those types of items. Also, maybe you paid for a lot of things with your credit card...maybe you can get old statements on-line? I eventually got a settlement I could live with.
I left it outside for a month I think lol. The smell is not as strong as it was when I first got it out of the house, but it's still there a little. I'm sure it will go away eventually. I wonder how to get the threading orange again. Any suggestions?