Houlihan J Brand - still fashionable in s/s '11?

Great question! I tried on a pair today at Anthropologie and loved them! So comfy and flattering too, in my opinion (plus they were marked down to only $100). I didn't buy them though because I didn't want to to jump on the bandwagon if the bandwagon has passed.

That is a great price! Designers always want you to keep buying things so would not surprise me if they are on a "out" list. But if you like them, then You should continue to wear them. Actually, I see this style as very popular to the point J Brand has waxy texture for fall so hey, maybe will be trend that stays. ;)

^^Interesting - I haven't seen those new waxy texture ones.

Just trying to decide if I should stick with my one pair - or buy now (off season for the cotton) while the price is 50% less.

That is a great price! Designers always want you to keep buying things so would not surprise me if they are on a "out" list. But if you like them, then You should continue to wear them. Actually, I see this style as very popular to the point J Brand has waxy texture for fall so hey, maybe will be trend that stays. ;)

I totally agree with this, but it's still 100 bucks I don't want to spend if there are some other "new" hot pants this spring. They do fit so well though!

^^Interesting - I haven't seen those new waxy texture ones.

Just trying to decide if I should stick with my one pair - or buy now (off season for the cotton) while the price is 50% less.
Helping out w/a link to see the wax version...if you look over to the left side of the site, you will also see it modeled w/a top and accessories:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3122347?origin=keywordsearch&resultback=0

J Brand also has a sateen version of the Houlihans in black, charcoal, (and I think the third color is brown?) :shrugs: I've never tried either version (wax/sateen), but I've seen it at my local nordstrom so yeah, IA w/hugable that it could be a trend that extends longer than the norm since J Brand continues to manufacture the Houlihan, but mixes it up/keeps it fresh w/different fabric choices.

They are very comfortable and flattering, so I don't view mine as a fashion or trendy item so much as a staple. I would keep wearing mine so long as they are still comfortable and flattering.

I just ordered a pair - hope they are not 'out'. But to be honest it doesn't really bother me, as tamarind mentioned my thinking is if they are flattering on me I am going to wear what looks good on me, not what's in fashion that's going to make me look like a fashion victim.

Every review I have read of women of all shapes and sizes has universally said the houlihans make them look great. Can't wait for my first pair to arrive (olive green).

I love them! I didn't want to spend $200+ on a pair and have them go out of style, so I ended up purchasing a pair from FOREVER21 in black and green and they fit like a glove :smile: Plus, they were only $24.00 for each pair. I love them and I think they will totally be in for spring!