Houlihan J Brand - still fashionable in s/s '11?

beauxgoris

O.G.
Mar 17, 2006
What's the thought on these for s/s '11? Will you still wear yours? Or will they look really passe?

Oct 30, 2008
I think they will still be in :smile: I love them (don't own them) and think they are casual with just a little edge.

VeraC

Aug 31, 2007
Great question! I tried on a pair today at Anthropologie and loved them! So comfy and flattering too, in my opinion (plus they were marked down to only $100). I didn't buy them though because I didn't want to to jump on the bandwagon if the bandwagon has passed.

hugable

Jun 3, 2010
United States
That is a great price! Designers always want you to keep buying things so would not surprise me if they are on a "out" list. But if you like them, then You should continue to wear them. Actually, I see this style as very popular to the point J Brand has waxy texture for fall so hey, maybe will be trend that stays. ;)

beauxgoris

O.G.
Mar 17, 2006
^^Interesting - I haven't seen those new waxy texture ones.

Just trying to decide if I should stick with my one pair - or buy now (off season for the cotton) while the price is 50% less.

beauxgoris

O.G.
Mar 17, 2006
That is a great price! Designers always want you to keep buying things so would not surprise me if they are on a "out" list. But if you like them, then You should continue to wear them. Actually, I see this style as very popular to the point J Brand has waxy texture for fall so hey, maybe will be trend that stays. ;)
I totally agree with this, but it's still 100 bucks I don't want to spend if there are some other "new" hot pants this spring. They do fit so well though!

*want it all*

GOODBYE BREAKING BAD
Jul 6, 2008
^^Interesting - I haven't seen those new waxy texture ones.

Just trying to decide if I should stick with my one pair - or buy now (off season for the cotton) while the price is 50% less.
Helping out w/a link to see the wax version...if you look over to the left side of the site, you will also see it modeled w/a top and accessories:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3122347?origin=keywordsearch&resultback=0

J Brand also has a sateen version of the Houlihans in black, charcoal, (and I think the third color is brown?) :shrugs: I've never tried either version (wax/sateen), but I've seen it at my local nordstrom so yeah, IA w/hugable that it could be a trend that extends longer than the norm since J Brand continues to manufacture the Houlihan, but mixes it up/keeps it fresh w/different fabric choices.

Tamarind

Sep 7, 2006
They are very comfortable and flattering, so I don't view mine as a fashion or trendy item so much as a staple. I would keep wearing mine so long as they are still comfortable and flattering.

woody

Jan 10, 2009
Australia
I just ordered a pair - hope they are not 'out'. But to be honest it doesn't really bother me, as tamarind mentioned my thinking is if they are flattering on me I am going to wear what looks good on me, not what's in fashion that's going to make me look like a fashion victim.

Every review I have read of women of all shapes and sizes has universally said the houlihans make them look great. Can't wait for my first pair to arrive (olive green).

bagsforme

O.G.
Nov 8, 2006
I think they'll be around for awhile. They look like cargo's to me and they've been around forever.

I have seen them on sale now, last year they were never on sale.

michelle4444

Dec 28, 2009
I love them! I didn't want to spend $200+ on a pair and have them go out of style, so I ended up purchasing a pair from FOREVER21 in black and green and they fit like a glove :smile: Plus, they were only $24.00 for each pair. I love them and I think they will totally be in for spring!