Hotstamping a pre-loved LV luggage tag

Hi everyone!

This is probably a dumb question but is it okay to hotstamp a pre-loved luggage tag? Will it look as good?
LV will do it as a complimentary service, usually within 30 minutes or so, and there's no reason that it wouldn't look as good as a new(er) tag...unless by pre-loved you mean it has one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel

I got a vintage luggage tag hot stamped last year which was still in pretty good condition. However, since there was nevertheless a pretty nice patina going on, my SA told me that a colored hot stamping would not be possible. The embossed letters still look nice though :smile: However, they are not as easily visible as the colored ones. So in my case, the decision whether to go color or no color was not mine, unfortunately. I am still happy with the embossing though xx

And it took a couple of days but waiting times can vary from store to store :smile:

LV will do it as a complimentary service, usually within 30 minutes or so, and there's no reason that it wouldn't look as good as a new(er) tag...unless by pre-loved you mean it has one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel

It doesn't look bad at all, right? I was thinking about a gold hot stamp. Do you think it'll look okay?IMG_1490562761.638275.jpg

Reactions: litchi