Hotstamping a pre-loved LV luggage tag

carebear1006

May 26, 2015
Hi everyone!

This is probably a dumb question but is it okay to hotstamp a pre-loved luggage tag? Will it look as good?

Miss Krys

Jun 14, 2014
Edmonton, Canada
Hi everyone!

This is probably a dumb question but is it okay to hotstamp a pre-loved luggage tag? Will it look as good?
LV will do it as a complimentary service, usually within 30 minutes or so, and there's no reason that it wouldn't look as good as a new(er) tag...unless by pre-loved you mean it has one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel

kadelle

Feb 16, 2013
Austria
I got a vintage luggage tag hot stamped last year which was still in pretty good condition. However, since there was nevertheless a pretty nice patina going on, my SA told me that a colored hot stamping would not be possible. The embossed letters still look nice though :smile: However, they are not as easily visible as the colored ones. So in my case, the decision whether to go color or no color was not mine, unfortunately. I am still happy with the embossing though xx

And it took a couple of days but waiting times can vary from store to store :smile:

carebear1006

May 26, 2015
LV will do it as a complimentary service, usually within 30 minutes or so, and there's no reason that it wouldn't look as good as a new(er) tag...unless by pre-loved you mean it has one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel
It doesn't look bad at all, right? I was thinking about a gold hot stamp. Do you think it'll look okay? IMG_1490562761.638275.jpg

Reactions: litchi

carebear1006

May 26, 2015
Gold will look good, but uncoloured/plain would be even better IMHO since the patina is so well-developed
Thanks for your help. I was gonna get this hotstamped with the Soho stamp but I guess I'll purchase a new luggage tag to do that.

bakeacookie

Nov 2, 2008
SoCal
Some tpfers were saying that the Soho stamp was being stopped due to stamping quality issues. Better check to see if they'll do it at all.

carebear1006

May 26, 2015
Some tpfers were saying that the Soho stamp was being stopped due to stamping quality issues. Better check to see if they'll do it at all.
It's true! They no longer do the Soho stamp. I'm sad...if only I had a large luggage tag when I sent my friend there to get my small luggage tag stamped earlier this month! :sad: