Travel Hotels in Punta Cana

natcolb65

O.G.
Mar 31, 2009
Hey guys!! I'm planning a trip to Punta Cana Dominican Republic in May for a weekend girls trip. We are looking for somewhere fun but nice with good food and drinks. Any ideas. We def want all inclusive.

Thanks.

I went last March..
stayed at Bahia Principe Ambar..
the resort was huge and nice.
'Ambar' was the adults only section with a pool
and had a no kids area of the beach.
The beach area for the rest of the hotel was packed..
with lots of palm trees blocking the sun..
thankfully the adults only beach was a bit more
quiet..
but still not ideal.

Personally, I like quiet beaches..it seems the
beach at every hotel was packed..
we had a boat 'taxi' (fishing boat)take us to a secluded beach,
which was about 45 minutes away..
spending the day was highlight of our trip.
Paradise..

Not sure we'll go back..Tulum/Mayan Riviera was comparable
water/weather wise and not so crowded..also prettier.

I agree with the other poster..
I'd choose another destination..
way more prettier places elsewhere...

Have fun!

I stayed at the bavaro princess before it was really nice, has a nightclub in it that was a lot of fun, but drinks there are not included with your all exclusive after 9. Restaurants were really good too. We paid $850 for 5 days it was worth it for sure, have a great time

I stayed at the Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe last year. I would recommend it to a beach and sun lover.

The Dreams resort are all nice resorts and on great beach, the food is really good and the drinks are yummy.

If you are willing to change your location I would suggest Cabo San Lucas. There are tons of fun to be had there but not like girls gone wild. lol

My parents go to Punta Cana once a year, they always stay at the same resort. This is the link for it: http://www.barcelo.com/BarceloHotel...bavaro-palace-deluxe/general-description.aspx
They love it there because its an all-inclusive type of thing.. when you land a driver is right there waiting for you to take you to the resort, the food/drinks menu is very broad and they take care of your needs 24/7.
Hope that helps!

I second this! It's where I've always stayed in the past. Great food, all inclusive and lots to do!

My hubby and I and another couple stayed at Secrets Excellence. It was a very nice resort and not over the top expensive. The rooms were nice, beach is beautiful and there are a couple of decent restaurants. All inclusive, adults only.

http://www.cheapcaribbean.com/resor...source=bing&utm_content=excellence_punta_cana

Have fun whatever you decide. Also we took the helicopter tour to and from the resort. It was a lot of fun and MUCH faster than driving.