Travel Hotel in Jersey but close to Manhattan

Jan 4, 2006
Can anyone recommend any hotels that are in Jersey (hoping it will be cheaper than staying in Manhattan) but that are not too far from Manhattan. I would like to pay less than $ 200 a night if possible, that are still relatively nice

You could try the Ramada Inn at the Garden State Plaza, and there use to be an Embassy Suites right there too. I believe that's technically Rochelle, NJ. There's a bus that goes right into the city from that shopping area. That's about 10 minutes or so (without traffic) from the city.

If you're worried about price and you want to stay in the city, try a website like www.hotwire.com where you can name the price that you want to pay. I did that in London last week, and got a great deal.

No specific hotel comes to mind, but if you want a hotel that is in NJ but close to Manhattan, maybe look into hotels in Secaucus, Hoboken, or Fort Lee. Since you can take the train from Secaucus to NYC or the Path Train from Hoboken or the bus from Fort Lee.

There's a hotel right before the lincoln tunnel (about 10 min) called the M Hotel that ive stayed at before..its large, clean and from what I remember, relatively cheap..try them!

I would recommend something near one of the NJ train lines like in the cities of Newark or Secaucus, so you can just hop on the NJ Transit and be in NYC 10-20 minutes later.

is it already too late to give advice on this? i hope it's not! but jersey city is PERFECT for staying close to the city and saving money. the hyatt in JC is probably pricier than others in JC but it is on the water and has uninhibited views of the city! it is also RIGHT next to the path station do you could be in lower manhattan in FIVE MINUTES!!! there is also the doubletree in jersey city. or alternatively you could look into the sheraton in weehawken (also amazing views of the city and right on the water) which has the ferry right outside that will have you in manhattan in 5 minutes as well!

do you really want to stay in jersey or are you trying to save money for a visit to NYC? try using travelzoo.com. hubby and i got a great deal from them last year on the swissotel drake in an upgraded room for $199/night (weekend rate). it was a good size room for NYC and we were at park and 57th.

is it already too late to give advice on this? i hope it's not! but jersey city is PERFECT for staying close to the city and saving money. the hyatt in JC is probably pricier than others in JC but it is on the water and has uninhibited views of the city! it is also RIGHT next to the path station do you could be in lower manhattan in FIVE MINUTES!!! there is also the doubletree in jersey city. or alternatively you could look into the sheraton in weehawken (also amazing views of the city and right on the water) which has the ferry right outside that will have you in manhattan in 5 minutes as well!

i agree with jersey city... it's right across the harbour and you can take the PATH train straight to WTC station or another station like 34th st, i can't remember exactly which one. i stayed at courtyard by marriott jersey city, it's actually right next to the PATH station. it's super convenient and i think it was around $175/night but we did go during high season (june). i agree with all of aliburke's advice here!

I don't know about the prices for the rooms, but the Holiday Inn in Fort Lee is just before the GW bridge into NYC. *I know the hotel because they have been the site of several designer bag vintage/sample sales.*

A couple of years back we stayed at the Meadowlands Plaza hotel in Secaucus and it was relatively inexpensive and had everything we needed! We traveled into Manhattan every day and it was only about 15-20 minutes!