Hot Stamping Oddness

crazycatlady76

Sofa King Banned
Sep 14, 2015
I took a new LV family photo today and noticed that it looks like the hot stamping on my Emilie wallet is showing though to the outside canvas. I bought the wallet from the LV online store back in August of 2015 and have only used it for about a week since I got it. I found a photo from January 2016 and the wallet doesn't appear to have the marks on the outside of it like it does now. I store it in the dustbag beside my Speedy 25 with nothing leaning up against the Emilie. Does anybody know why this would happen? The first two photos are of it today and the third is it enlarged from the January 2016 photo. You can see the indents above the button closure.IMG_4179.JPGIMG_4180.JPGIMG_4181.PNG

I took a new LV family photo today and noticed that it looks like the hot stamping on my Emilie wallet is showing though to the outside canvas. I bought the wallet from the LV online store back in August of 2015 and have only used it for about a week since I got it. I found a photo from January 2016 and the wallet doesn't appear to have the marks on the outside of it like it does now. I store it in the dustbag beside my Speedy 25 with nothing leaning up against the Emilie. Does anybody know why this would happen? The first two photos are of it today and the third is it enlarged from the January 2016 photo. You can see the indents above the button closure.View attachment 3610014View attachment 3610015View attachment 3610016

Did you get it hit stamped recently? Could be the machine imprint.

I've honestly never seen that before although I'm sure that it will eventually disappear once you start to use the wallet more and the canvas and leather begin to relax.

I've honestly never seen that before although I'm sure that it will eventually disappear once you start to use the wallet more and the canvas and leather begin to relax.

When I saw it I couldn't believe it. I think I may swap over to it and see if that helps. I hope it does. I looked back and the wallet was my very first new piece (I bought my Speedy four days later) so I don't want to take it in and have it replaced. Fingers crossed that it comes out. It's just so strange.

Oh (off topic), I ruined my Mon Monogram budget again today! Lol That is twice this year already! Thankfully I am in love with both of my newbies (a preloved Neverfull PM and a preloved Tivoli PM). Guess I am going to have to start again with the savings. I am as bad with this Mon Monogram saving as I am with my diet! LOL!

Reactions: nikkisharif
When I saw it I couldn't believe it. I think I may swap over to it and see if that helps. I hope it does. I looked back and the wallet was my very first new piece (I bought my Speedy four days later) so I don't want to take it in and have it replaced. Fingers crossed that it comes out. It's just so strange.

Oh (off topic), I ruined my Mon Monogram budget again today! Lol That is twice this year already! Thankfully I am in love with both of my newbies (a preloved Neverfull PM and a preloved Tivoli PM). Guess I am going to have to start again with the savings. I am as bad with this Mon Monogram saving as I am with my diet! LOL!
The mon mono is definitely a nice piece to add to any collection but it's not the end all be all. I toyed with the idea for years but would always re-direct the funds towards something that really spoke to me instead; the only reason that I finally got off the fence was because almost my entire purse collection was stolen and the gesture of getting the Keepall was more for display to my insurance company than anything else...plus I feel it's harder to have my things stolen again if there's my initials all over the place. The NF was a surprise from my parents.

The mon mono is definitely a nice piece to add to any collection but it's not the end all be all. I toyed with the idea for years but would always re-direct the funds towards something that really spoke to me instead; the only reason that I finally got off the fence was because almost my entire purse collection was stolen and the gesture of getting the Keepall was more for display to my insurance company than anything else...plus I feel it's harder to have my things stolen again if there's my initials all over the place. The NF was a surprise from my parents.

I keep getting sidetracked (much like I sidetracked my original post concern! lol). I figure the Mon Mono will be around for a while, so it isn't a rush or worrying about it being discontinued. I had always wanted to try a Neverfull and when a PM popped up for $550 in like new condition, I had to jump on it. And then my dream Tivoli popped up within a month after the Neverfull, I had to go for that one as well. It's nice to finally branch out from my Speedy concert zone actually. Is Rodney still at the Edmonton store?? I haven't been in since 2015 when I bought my luggage tag for my DE Speedy 25.

I keep getting sidetracked (much like I sidetracked my original post concern! lol). I figure the Mon Mono will be around for a while, so it isn't a rush or worrying about it being discontinued. I had always wanted to try a Neverfull and when a PM popped up for $550 in like new condition, I had to jump on it. And then my dream Tivoli popped up within a month after the Neverfull, I had to go for that one as well. It's nice to finally branch out from my Speedy concert zone actually. Is Rodney still at the Edmonton store?? I haven't been in since 2015 when I bought my luggage tag for my DE Speedy 25.
Yes he is