Hot stamping issues...

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Spring Sale is now live! Serious savings on customer favorites - up to 40% off with free shipping and free returns. Shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi everyone!

I need some advice... I am experiencing hot stamping issues and am not sure what to do. I have had both of my Neverfulls hot stamped - one monogram and one damier ebene - at two different times now by the same store. At first, I was in love with them! I got gold foil at both times and was so happy with how classic it looked and added a special touch. With my damier ebene I got it done six months ago and it lasted exactly a week before it started to chip and eventually I ended up removing the remaining foil with tape, so it was just the imprint, which I was fine with...

However, when I bought my monogram neverfull I was sure I would not face the hot stamping peeling or chipping as the vachetta (I've heard?) holds the hot stamp better than the coated leather but here we are, 10 days later and I can already see cracks and chips in the foil!

I am so upset. I really thought that it "stick" this time. I'm not sure if it's me doing something wrong or maybe the store, since I've had small leather goods and such stamped before at other locations and never faced these issues. Even an old luggage tag with wear and patina!

So, what should I do? I wait for more to chip off and remove whatever remains with tape, or take it back and see if they will give me a new bag to try again... I don't know, I'm at a loss. I liked the look so much! :cry:

2. Don't remove it. Cracks are normal. Just as long as it doesn't start to peel it will be fine.

3. Hi lvmk, thank you for responding! It is normal to see cracks where the vachetta is peeking through?

4. Not at first, but when it starts to show wear. You can pay to get the straps replaced and get it stamped without color, or not at all. They won't give you a new bag unless they made an error with the hot stamp.

5. Hi calipursegal!

It's only been 10 days but I guess I'll just leave it and see how it does. At the very worst I suppose I can just do what I mentioned doing with my damier ebene and remove whatever remaining foil is still there if it starts to look too shabby/gets worse.

6. It would be very helpful if you could post pictures.

7. I agree its easier to help you if you post some pictures.