Hot stamping horror turned out happy

TashaLV

O.G.
Jul 24, 2010
Hi ladies, lets start from the beginning. On Wednesday I noticed my damier Sarah had started to crack her glazing ( only 2 months old ) so I brought her back to the Manhasset boutique. Upon inspecting the wallet they decided to give me a new one. I was thrilled of course but then started to think what if this happens again with the glazing. So I decided to upgrade to the figue epi Sarah :yahoo:. The problem was that there are only 20 in the country in stores but Macys Herald Square had several. After work I rushed into Manhattan with daughter and mom in tow and got my beautiful figue Sarah. OMG I was in LVOE. Thursday on my lunch hour I dropped her off at Manhasset to be hot stamped and bought myself a damier ebene cosmetic pouch( lvoe her too). When I came to pick Sarah I looked at hot stamp and it looked awesome. I put her in dust cover and rushed to do MANY errands. Friday I take Sarah out to admire her beauty and I notice a mark that was not there before, right where I had hot stamped but on the outside. The person who hot stamped pressed too hard and now you could see my M on the once perfect epi leather. I was so upset because I am a perfectionist when it comes to my bags and SLGs. Most people wouldn't notice it but it was killing me. Fast forward to Saturday morning, this is when the horror begins. I go back to Manhasset and I am helped by a nasty little SA by the name of x. She tells me right off the bat that it is not from hot stamping and then goes into the back and show it to someone. x comes out with a smug little smirk on her face and says that all the staff says that it is not a M from the hot stamping but the natural grain of the leather. Now I may not be a expert on leather but a defect in the shape of a M right where it had been hot stamped on the other side, Bulls**t. By this point I am really angry and I see the manager digging though the wallet drawer looking for a similar defect on any of the epi wallets they had. Of course no M defects in leather. Finally the manager comes over and says sorry but there is nothing we can do for you, at that point I asked her to show me a similar defect on ANY epi piece they had. She couldn't, of course. Next course of action was to go back to Herald Square to see if they would do right thing. Hop on the train, get to Macys and show it to a wonderful SA named Damie. He brings it to his manager Justin and poof all of a sudden I am being treated like a person again. Justin looks at the wallet and says that he can't believe that I was given the wallet in this condition and that I would receive a brand new one hot stamped by his best hot stamper. He again says he is very sorry and tells me the wallet will be ready Sunday after 2. I can't wait to be reunited with my lvoe Sarah. I will post pictures once I receive her. Sorry such a long post I have a hard time making a long story short:shame:

Last edited by a moderator:
Gosh, some of them are unbelievable! Glad it has worked out in your favour. I had a pretty bad hot stamping done once and I was nervous about having the item replaced but thankfully it was okay. Hope you receive your new wallet soon!

TashaLV said:
Hi ladies, lets start from the beginning. On Wednesday I noticed my damier Sarah had started to crack her glazing ( only 2 months old ) so I brought her back to the Manhasset boutique. Upon inspecting the wallet they decided to give me a new one. I was thrilled of course but then started to think what if this happens again with the glazing. So I decided to upgrade to the figue epi Sarah :yahoo:. The problem was that there are only 20 in the country in stores but Macys Herald Square had several. After work I rushed into Manhattan with daughter and mom in tow and got my beautiful figue Sarah. OMG I was in LVOE. Thursday on my lunch hour I dropped her off at Manhasset to be hot stamped and bought myself a damier ebene cosmetic pouch( lvoe her too). When I came to pick Sarah I looked at hot stamp and it looked awesome. I put her in dust cover and rushed to do MANY errands. Friday I take Sarah out to admire her beauty and I notice a mark that was not there before, right where I had hot stamped but on the outside. The person who hot stamped pressed too hard and now you could see my M on the once perfect epi leather. I was so upset because I am a perfectionist when it comes to my bags and SLGs. Most people wouldn't notice it but it was killing me. Fast forward to Saturday morning, this is when the horror begins. I go back to Manhasset and I am helped by a nasty little SA by the name of x. She tells me right off the bat that it is not from hot stamping and then goes into the back and show it to someone. x comes out with a smug little smirk on her face and says that all the staff says that it is not a M from the hot stamping but the natural grain of the leather. Now I may not be a expert on leather but a defect in the shape of a M right where it had been hot stamped on the other side, Bulls**t. By this point I am really angry and I see the manager digging though the wallet drawer looking for a similar defect on any of the epi wallets they had. Of course no M defects in leather. Finally the manager comes over and says sorry but there is nothing we can do for you, at that point I asked her to show me a similar defect on ANY epi piece they had. She couldn't, of course. Next course of action was to go back to Herald Square to see if they would do right thing. Hop on the train, get to Macys and show it to a wonderful SA named Damie. He brings it to his manager Justin and poof all of a sudden I am being treated like a person again. Justin looks at the wallet and says that he can't believe that I was given the wallet in this condition and that I would receive a brand new one hot stamped by his best hot stamper. He again says he is very sorry and tells me the wallet will be ready Sunday after 2. I can't wait to be reunited with my lvoe Sarah. I will post pictures once I receive her. Sorry such a long post I have a hard time making a long story short:shame:

Justin is AWESOME!! He is so nice. Always fixes my LV problems lol. I also go to manhasset / herald sq often :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh honey I am so happy that after all that crapola someone decided respect you AND the Louis Vuitton name and to live up to the legacy with such impeccable service. Damie and Justin are a credit to the company.:woohoo:
Oh how I wish that rude SAs would realize just how much they tarnish the legacy of the brand. Lying is never acceptable!:nono: if I were you i'd mention your experience to corporate very strongly.

TashaLV said:

Great news you got it all settled. I shop at manhasset quite often and there are great SAs there but I have had my run in with the nastiest woman on earth. I have no problem saying her name. Deandre or deondre st something. Just a horrible woman. I put in a complaint with CS but sure nothing will happen.

Oh wow~~~ sorry all of that happened to you. I cannot believe people would treat customers like that. And honestly, it shows a lot about how poor the management is because if the management was good at what they are doing, then you know for a fact the staff would never be like that.

Glad to know everything has worked out! can't wait to see your Sarah~~