Hot stamp color on a luggage tag. Which should I choose?

StarBrite310

Purse & Jewelry Fanatic!
O.G.
Jun 6, 2007
For my Monogram Speedy 25 I am going to be getting the smaller luggage tag to hang from the handle. I will be putting 3 letters for my initials in a vertical position on it. Originally I thought to do gold because it looks nice against the gold hardware but I'm thinking since it's not actually on the bag, maybe I should do a fun color!

Anyone have suggestions of what would look good? I don't really even know all the colors that are available. I looked in the hot stamp club on here but there weren't that many pictures of the color choices.

Maybe green? Purple? Is there a navy blue available?

They offer:
Yellow
Gold
Blue
Brown
Black
Red
Green
Silver
and Tone on Tone

I've done the light blue... and it looks awful on vachetta, so I'd stick to like yellow, red, green, gold, or even Tone on Tone for a nice subtle effect. Just keep in mind, it has too look good with dark vachetta too once it patinas.

I'm excited to see what you pick!!

They offer:
Yellow
Gold
Blue
Brown
Black
Red
Green
Silver
and Tone on Tone

I've done the light blue... and it looks awful on vachetta, so I'd stick to like yellow, red, green, gold, or even Tone on Tone for a nice subtle effect. Just keep in mind, it has too look good with dark vachetta too once it patinas.

I'm excited to see what you pick!!

Thank you so much for writing out the color choices for me :smile: So is the blue the light blue that I saw in photos on here? Because I really don't like that color. I was thinking navy which I feel looks so great with a mono bag. I guess green would be my second choice if I didn't do gold.

Do the colors eventually fade after awhile or chip away?

Here, I can post pics of my old speedy with luggage tag. I think that blue you are seeing is the light blue I had... but here is a pic! And make sure that you check the stamping job and that it is PERFECT before you leave. My old SA did a sloppy job, and it's clearly crooked... so I wasn't happy with that. But anyway, here you go, this is my old Speedy 40 with the light blue stamp. :smile:

IMG_0120.jpg

IMG_0124.jpg

^ Yup that was the light blue I was referring to. It's nice but I was never a lover of baby blue. I will definitely make sure it's perfect though. If it isn't, I'm not taking it :P

Yeah, I wish I had noticed at the time! Oh well, I don't have that bag anymore anyway lol. But yeah, the blue is way too light! I'm really excited to see what you choose though!

Now that you mention red Forsyte... I wonder if maybe StarBrite could do like a red epi luggage tag with gold initials to really add some pizzazz! It'd look like the Monogram Rubis from a couple years back.