Jimmy Choo Hot off the presses - The Nubuck Phython Marla

jburgh

BV ~ Ferragamo ~ TODs
O.G.
Aug 17, 2007
This from Casey today....
"Just got a bag in this morning and thought you might like to see it. I am truly in awe of this fabrication. It’s a Nubuck Python (literally a skin that has been painstakingly sanded down to create a suede texture). Much softer than the liquid patent makes for a more comfortable carry."

The bark is a taupey grey/brown color. The first picture was taken in the yellow boutique lighting, which makes it appear a little warmer. What do we think, girls and Matt?

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• MarlaNubuck.jpg
    MarlaNubuck.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 173
  • MarlaNubuck2.jpg
    MarlaNubuck2.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:
OMG, this is so funny. this is the bag she was transferring in for me after I saw the maxine but wanted it in a bigger size. After seeing the marla pics, I think it looks like a glorified duffle/gym bag. I think the maxine is so much prettier.

I have about four more pics of this bag if anyone wants to see them.

I'd have to see this in person. JC bags always do look better in person. The python material sounds interesting, but if it's unwashable like traditional suede than I am O-U-T!

lionlaw - yes, that is the same fabrication as the Maxine that you posted in the Fall 09 thread. What are the measurements of the Maxine?

lionlaw - yes, that is the same fabrication as the Maxine that you posted in the Fall 09 thread. What are the measurements of the Maxine?

To be honest, I can't remember. It was too small for me though. Like an oversized clutch. Here is a pic. I think it is really pretty in this shape. The suede and scales even look better. Really odd.

Not so much in the marla.

MAXINE.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks lionlaw ~ the Maxine is sweet!!! I like this much better than the Marla.

So, these are python, right? The scales have been removed and the surface sanded to make the python skin into nubuck? Sounds labor-intensive.

Anyone know the prices of these?

I like them both! I saw the Marla IRL and it did not remind me of a gym bag at all...but that is just my opinion. I love the sueded look of this so much more than the slick look of most exotics!