Hot hot hot!! Northwest tPF'ers staying cool?

Pursegrrl

Oh no she di-int!!
O.G.
Jun 1, 2006
101 today in Seattle...could hit 108 in Portland and further inland in the suburbs it's just all kinds of HOT! Hot hot hot!! See, this heat makes us a little wacky :biggrin:.

Everyone stay cool and safe out there! No spontaneous combustion please!

I work in Newport and it has been actually quite delightful the past couple of days!

However, living is a different situation. I live just about 7 miles inland and it was 107 at my house yesterday! :nuts:

I couldn't believe those temps when I read them!! I thought that area always had cool, rainy weather? But here, we have gotten thunder/lightening storms
more than 75% of our summer (new england) and that is so weird for us!!! I've watered my flowers maybe 3 times since the end of may - not normal.

I'm way down south, but it is brutal down in South Florida, with a mix of brutal rain then more heat. We have hit many plus 100 days... ugh!

^^I supposed it is much hotter/worse where you are Candace so I can't complain too much :P I really shouldn't complain at all since I grew up in this weather! I've become such a wimp.

frosted, I hope the car has an A/C

The Vancouver PFers are feeling it too! Day 3 of the heatwave! I'm mostly just staying at home during the day and running errands and such in the evening...soooo hot (compared to what we're used to!)

^^I supposed it is much hotter/worse where you are Candace so I can't complain too much :P I really shouldn't complain at all since I grew up in this weather! I've become such a wimp.

frosted, I hope the car has an A/C

Yes it does thank goodness! But the windows are by no means tinted so that will not be fun :/ Oh well! Can't complain because it has air conditioning.