Hot accessory trends for 2009?

Just wandering what trends in accessories everyone will be watching/wearing in 2009?

These are my picks:

A/W
Russian/Rock/Boho
Fringing
Studs
bondage embellishment
Statement necklaces
Suede

S/S
Orange
snakeskin
Tribal
Lace-ups
Gems
Tan

I think that you are right, but would add that studs are going to be strong in S/S as well...and we are (unfortunately, IMO) going to see a lot of neon in S/S, too.

Interesting thread!

Stud are coming back every few years. I remember getting my first studded belt when I was 14 or 15...

But really interesting thread. I will think about it and then come back.

Yup - the Material Girl look is hot for S/S. Lace, minis & underwear as outerwear. Good Times :hrmm: (as my hubby says at his most sarcastic).

Also, gladiators have gone high-heeled & gladiator alternatives are showing up in super strappy sandals & caged sandal-booties. Fringe is still in & suedes are showing up in sandals & jeweled tones.

Other shoe news: Mini/demi wedges are showing up & wedges in general did not go away as predicted last spring - they are still going strong.

Also, lots of color blends/watercolor mixes in fabrics & shoes.

Studs, buckles & straps (moto-chic/goth/bondage) are in full swing still.

And, if NY Fashion week has any impact, it looks like designers are trying to really vamp up lace details for next Fall, as well - they were mentioned for this last season, but production seems to be picking up more for next fall's looks..

Sigh. I guess that I am going to look dated this fall...I am not into the neon or the shoulder pads. Or the lace, lol.

But I love studs! (The kind you find on leather goods, I mean). :P