Food hostess of a table for an event

No Cute

cupcake butt
Aug 17, 2008
Hi:

I will be hostess for a table at a church event and would love ideas for that event. Hostesses decorate the table and provide treats. There is coffee, tea, music, and a speaker.

Here are some thoughts on what I'd like to do:

-Bake a cake...have everything as I've had bday cakes out my ears lately.
-Bake pumpkin bread. I have fresh pumpkin. I could bake a pumpkin cake, but I'm allergic to pumpkin and wouldn't be able to eat cake.

Would like a salty or savory or something. Would love some ideas as I'm just feeling clueless.

ILuvShopping

★☆★★☆★★☆★
Jun 4, 2007
Iowa
are their multiple tables and you're just one of them or are you the only table and you're providing food for everyone?

what about cupcakes? or mini cupcakes / mini muffins. something people could easily pick up.

Jennifer_C

Shopaholic
Feb 15, 2011
Massachusetts USA
Can you clarify what suggestions you're looking for? Things to serve for snacks on the table or formal dessert, and possibly decorations for one table? How many people are at the table/tables?

Kitsunegrl

Fill the Giant Pig!
O.G.
Nov 7, 2006
Cajun Country
Are these sit-down tables or will people just be passing by?

You could do mini-skewers of cubed cheese & pepperoni or my easy standy-by, the tortilla roll-up.

1 package of burrito size flour tortillas
2 packages of cream cheese
1-2 lbs of thin sliced ham or turkey or any favorite deli meat
optional: pepper jelly, garlic powder, other seasoning

Basically, soften cream cheese and add seasoning. You might want to use 1 block with pepper jelly and another with just salt & pepper or garlic powder & dill...whatever.

Spread cream cheese liberally on tortilla. Layer meat on top, you will probably use 3-4 pieces per tortilla. Roll up tightly. When all are assembled, wrap in saran wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour. Slice into 6 pieces each.

Very easy to make & easy to eat on the go!

twinkle.tink

Choose to be happy
O.G.
Sep 19, 2006
in a fairy house
Is there theme for the event? Who is the speaker? I would spin something from there if possible.

How many people at a table?

Personally, I would do some typical tea items; some finger sandwiches, scones, petit fours, tarts.

Have fun :smile:

No Cute

cupcake butt
Aug 17, 2008
OP, any update? If we had some more details we might be able to give more suggestions.
Hi. Sorry I've not been back. I ended up going simple: two sweets and two savories. Cupcakes and pumpkin bread. Veggies and dip and a hot bean dip with tortilla chips. Drinks were coffee, tea, water, and white wine. Everyone seemed happy. My table was white plates and table clothe with purple and silver accents.