Horseferry Canter, Yay or nay?

Jun 20, 2010
I've been thinking if I should buy the horseferry canter tote. I had a haymarket canter before but sold it because of the potential for color transfer (like from jeans). Any thoughts on the bag will be greatly appreciated. yay or nay?

Attachments

• a1f5f2612949dba40ec52e4aa13c44b6a4149378.jpg
    a1f5f2612949dba40ec52e4aa13c44b6a4149378.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 513
I've been thinking if I should buy the horseferry canter tote. I had a haymarket canter before but sold it because of the potential for color transfer (like from jeans). Any thoughts on the bag will be greatly appreciated. yay or nay?
I love it but think it would be susceptible to color transfer also. Although, I don't have any of the new horseferry bags. I think burberry will clean them though.

I am also looking at this bag but in the tan/honey combo! I'm just a bit worried that it's not coated canvas unlike their old hay market one (so regret not getting that). I reckon this might be prone to getting dirty easily/colour transfer so I am a bit on the fence. Am interested in what others might think too!

Just bought my first Burberry bag, a small canter in rose/dusty pink from the sale. It was love at first sight, it's the perfect size for everyday wear, light weight, and a beautiful colour (more muted pink than the photos on the website, which I like). Can't say much about colour transfer yet of course. But I like it even more than I thought I would, a keeper for sure! DSC_0677.JPG DSC_0683.JPG

It is not as large as an LV Neverfull MM or a Mulberry Tessie tote, but quite roomy anyway. I can fit my mini iPad with plenty of room to spare, am sure a regular size would fit easily as well. Its perfect for everyday wear, wallet/keys/sunglasses and plenty of space for an umbrella and a shawl or extra jumper. So I think it would fit those items you listed without problems.
Hello
Congrats it is beautiful I am considering the bag too
May I ask
how big is this bag ? Can it hold a full size wallet cosmetic pouch iPhone and iPad
Thanks

Reactions: anteaterquaker
It is not as large as an LV Neverfull MM or a Mulberry Tessie tote, but quite roomy anyway. I can fit my mini iPad with plenty of room to spare, am sure a regular size would fit easily as well. Its perfect for everyday wear, wallet/keys/sunglasses and plenty of space for an umbrella and a shawl or extra jumper. So I think it would fit those items you listed without problems.
Thank you so much
Congrats again on your beautiful bag

Reactions: BagMadness
They came out with a reversible tote in 3 sizes much like the neverfull. It is a coated material which would eliminate your color transfer issue. Below is a link to one of them

https://us.burberry.com/the-medium-...gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CLWX2r3W_NQCFQGSYgodHM0J6A

Just an update on my small Canter tote. I have been using it as my main bag since I bought it, i.e. carrying it to work daily and also whenever I have needed something bigger than a small bag. So far, it still looks brand new. Have gotten a few spots on it, just rubbed promptly with a baby wipe and they've disappeared. No colour transfer whatsoever, last month has seen some colder weather so I have been wearing a dark blue trenchcoat, without any problems with colour staining. I haven't tried with dark blue jeans, but other dark clothes and no visible transfer of colour so far. So a big thumbs up for this bag, I like it even better than from the start!

I have this bag with the tan/honey trim and love it! I wear jeans pretty much everyday...no color transfer. I also accidentally dropped my black mascara stick on it and was able to get all the marks off with a wet towel!

Reactions: BagMadness