Home & Garden Horrors! How do you remove lipstick from natural wood?

candy2100

O.G.
Dec 7, 2007
I just discovered that earlier tonight my DD drew all over the top of a coffee table in the living room. She used her older sister's play makeup lipstick, so it's mostly wax or grease, and she did it on untreated blond wood. :faint:

How can I clean it??? I haven't touched it yet because I'm hoping someone will have a good suggestion....

Amazing! Reviving this super old thread to add my two cents - this works like a charm!

I have BLACK lipstick stains on my bedroom door from God knows how long... I'll guess they are from when I was around fourteen, making the stains SIX years old!

I'm desperately trying to clean them off so here I come, find this thread and luckily I had a Magic Eraser here (they're super hard to come by where I live) and was AMAZED by the results. I honestly don't know how I didn't think of it earlier!

So there, a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser will remove lipstick stains off wooden surfaces (alas, mine is finished!) even if they are YEARS old!

Murphy's Oil Soap and also the Mr Clean Magic Eraser are effective. My daugher did the same thing on a wooden coffee table and also took a black sharpie to a desk. I feel your pain. I was able to get the stains to fade but never completely removed them.