Horror of Horrors!!! A FAKE (not inspired at all) Shop just opened in my town!!

That's fine....thanks for the info, irinaderevko. Update: Our NBC news crew is going to go out there. and investigate...when.....I have no idea, but they thought it was a very hot topic, especially during the holiday season. There was an article written today on MSNBC about counterfeit products. Also, thanks to Kate79, I reported them to the counterfeit hotline, as well. I wonder if I have enough entities involved in this to get a good response?

That's fine....thanks for the info, irinaderevko. Update: Our NBC news crew is going to go out there. and investigate...when.....I have no idea, but they thought it was a very hot topic, especially during the holiday season. There was an article written today on MSNBC about counterfeit products. Also, thanks to Kate79, I reported them to the counterfeit hotline, as well. I wonder if I have enough entities involved in this to get a good response?[/quote

You deserve a TPF award for integrity. :yahoo:

haha Shimmapuff! That 'India is in Asia' was in reference to Compass Rose's comment about how some store she knows is not run by Asians but are from India. Then I responded by saying how India is in the Asian continent. Sorry COMPASSROSE! :P

LOL I know, I got the joke, I just couldn't resist jumping on it for a little bounce. ;)

To the people who are concerned that people, presumably strangers in the street, will opine whether their bag is real or not, I hope you don't mind some unsolicited advice.

If you are going to spend such a large amount of money for a handbag, maybe you could look around and find one that you like so much purely for the way it looks, the way it feels, many people here have mentioned factors like quality and workmanship as things that make them choose, and pay a premium for a particular handbag.

In other words, - if you choose a bag that you just love for itself, whether it comes from a particular designer and costs thousands, or whether it costs $12.98 at Target, you will be surprised how little you care what anybody else - especially people you don't know - think about it, if they do, in fact, think about it or notice it, and you would be surprised how rarely they do.

It's not your fault, it's just that most of the time they are too busy thinking about themselves instead of paying close attention to your accessory choices like they are supposed to be doing! ;)

Well said, Shimma. Again.

Ohhh! WOW!!!!

YOU GO GIRL!!!

Its a great thing you are doing. Selling fakes is beyond wrong. no one think about the ill affects its causs everyone else! I hope with all my heart something is done about it! thanks for your efforts!!!

Well, I am only going to say this once on this forum because within the last day, some very strange things have been happening around our house since my dealings with these ++++holes.........our Christmas lights were cut all around our house last night......I can't imagine who could do that to us because my husband and I have "no enemies". Of course, this has been reported to the police and none of our neighbors who have lights up have been targeted. All I'm saying is...................

I go to school in DC and there are shops right in the middle of (old) swanky Georgetown and there are two little shops that sell any fake that you can think of...right in broad daylight...I am 22 and these shops have been here since I began shopping in Georgetown for weekend clothes( because I wore a uniform for 7 years!). Unless there are proactive people who think that this type of thing is pointless, these kinds of shops will continue to spring up! Hopefully, you can try and report them but good luck with all of that :sad:

has ANYONE seen the new store that just opened in the new SFC wing?

i mean, maybe just a week ago (i should know since i'm down there almost every other day)

it's between hollister and eddie bauer, it's disgusting.

they have a couple of fake hermes (*from what i can see afar, i didn't want to step in) and they had the word IMPOSTER or fake or something i forget...

ugh. disgust.

i think SFC is going down though, in terms of them having a car giveaway a while ago (reminds me of serramonte) and now this.

i mean, they even allowed payless in the mall but at least it's a more upscale looking payless.

Well, I am only going to say this once on this forum because within the last day, some very strange things have been happening around our house since my dealings with these ++++holes.........our Christmas lights were cut all around our house last night......I can't imagine who could do that to us because my husband and I have "no enemies". Of course, this has been reported to the police and none of our neighbors who have lights up have been targeted. All I'm saying is...................

Scary!!! When it comes to cutting off someone's source of money things can get pretty insane. Just be careful.

But I am glad you're doing what you're doing. What they are doing is WRONG! I just hate fakes. And I just got my very first designer bag EVER today! (Although I don't actually "get" it until Christmas!) But I've never liked fakes even before I knew how bad they were in all aspects.

Keep it up girl!!!

My husband and I might have been randomly chosen by some creeps to cut our lights, because you are right, twiggers, I only told my husband what I was doing about these counterfeiters, and all of the authorities I have been dealing with have kept my info confidential. It is just an odd coincidence. We fixed all of them, though......all 2500 of them...:yes: :yes: :heart: If I hear any news at all about what might happen with this ugly store, I'll post it right away!!

I was acually also going to ask you ladies: How come that in a city like New York in Manattan (Midtown and Upper East Side), which is sooooo police controlled, so many people on corners sell fakes and don't get caught??? The other day on my way home I saw a guy selling tons of fake COACH bags right in front of the COACH store on Madison!! What is up with that? It just makes me mad because the police must be ignoring is as i see police cars everywhere I go on a regular basis... Someone know why this is happening??