Horror of Horrors!!! A FAKE (not inspired at all) Shop just opened in my town!!

It was so funny...one time I went to the mall at Buckland Hills (which is not a very large place) and when I'm walking in, there's a woman carrying a LV mono...and then another woman, and then another one. And then there was a bunch of like, five women all carrying LV mono! (I was not good enough at spotting fakes, but it seemed surpirsing to have so many women all at once carrying the same brand of bag) And then.....in the middle of the mall there's a kiosk!

Now the mall is teeming with LV mono..

I'm really not done with them. The local investigative newspaper reporters are going to look in to it. If they keep me posted, like they said they would, this might turn out to be very interesting.

I have always wanted a LV, it is one thing that I eventually want. I was fooled twice into fake LV's.

When I see people wearing fakes, it actually makes me wonder if I really want to buy a real LV mono or MC mono:crybaby: , there are so many fakes out there that everyone assumes that they are all fake, and I don't want people to think that mine is fake. Why spend all that money and have people still think it's fake? :confused1: I always have people who question my Coach bags, even thought they come right from the Coach boutique. Of course, it depends where I am, most places that I go, people recognize quality. I just hate the fact that fakes are so commonplace that people Assume that real ones are fake:cursing:! I even find myself analyzing other people's bags, but never say anything.

Keep us posted Compass Rose. This could get interesting...

In the most recent issue of Harper's Bazaar, there is an article about counterfit bags - there's a toll free number listed to report people who sell and deal in counterfits. I don't have the issue and/or phone number with me, but if you don't get any satisfaction from the local police and newspapers, the hotline might be another avenue to pursue.

WOW CompassRose! Good job taking the initiative in being active to get these jerks shut down! I am in such disbelief that a store like that was even granted a business permit :shocked: I am still bitter about being sold a fake Prada bag (a terrible one at that) on my college campus (years ago when I was uber naive). If this story is covered by your local news, I wanna see the video clip! They need to be:closed:
:cursing:

Well, this is what I have done so far. I have contacted our local sheriff, the FBI, our local newspaper investigative team, our local tv investigative team, written Coach and Chloe, and have personally talked to a rep from Kate Spade who took down all the info and was going to get their investigators on it. Girliecharlie contacted Gucci. Yes, everyone, I will keep all of you informed as to what is transpiring. These people are scummy. Oh, and I have yet to contact the owner of the strip mall. As soon as I get a phone number for them, I will do that, too! :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: Oh....and LV. How could I forget them!!!

Seeing so many people carry fakes makes me not want to carry the real brand that has the most popular fake. It seems to loose its luster when you see a fake around every corner.

In the most recent issue of Harper's Bazaar, there is an article about counterfit bags - there's a toll free number listed to report people who sell and deal in counterfits. I don't have the issue and/or phone number with me, but if you don't get any satisfaction from the local police and newspapers, the hotline might be another avenue to pursue.

Ok, here's the info from January's issue of Bazaar:

Counterfeit dealers can be reported to the International AntiCounterfeiting Coalition: 866-NOTFAKE or iacc.org

India is in Asia.

There are rumors that it has been there for some time. ;)

These kiosk things are everywhere. Though the bags themselves, like most things, may be manufactured in Asia, I don't think any particular nationality has a monopoly on owning or managing them, in the large city nearest me, you can find them run by people from Argentina to Israel, from Ukraine to El Salvador.

The periodic "crackdowns" we hear about here or there, as well as the lack of them, as someone has pointed out, they have been around, doing business pretty much uninterruptedly for years, gets into the close relationships between business and politics, and as someone else pointed out, it's really just about money. As so many things are.

To the people who are concerned that people, presumably strangers in the street, will opine whether their bag is real or not, I hope you don't mind some unsolicited advice.

If you are going to spend such a large amount of money for a handbag, maybe you could look around and find one that you like so much purely for the way it looks, the way it feels, many people here have mentioned factors like quality and workmanship as things that make them choose, and pay a premium for a particular handbag.

In other words, - if you choose a bag that you just love for itself, whether it comes from a particular designer and costs thousands, or whether it costs $12.98 at Target, you will be surprised how little you care what anybody else - especially people you don't know - think about it, if they do, in fact, think about it or notice it, and you would be surprised how rarely they do.

It's not your fault, it's just that most of the time they are too busy thinking about themselves instead of paying close attention to your accessory choices like they are supposed to be doing! ;)

haha Shimmapuff! That 'India is in Asia' was in reference to Compass Rose's comment about how some store she knows is not run by Asians but are from India. Then I responded by saying how India is in the Asian continent. Sorry COMPASSROSE! :P