Horrific Dior Experience!!!!

eminere™;12162217 said:
Older Lady Dior wallets indeed have the "D.i.o.r" charms attached directly to the zipper, while the newer series now come with detachable charms that hook on to a separate loop on the side of the wallet.

I don't mean this to sound harsh and please don't be offended or take it the wrong way, but it is irrelevant what the condition of the wallet was listed as. The fact is that you bought it through a reseller that is not authorised by Dior to sell Dior products. Nor is it relevant that the wallet arrived visually "new". It is secondhand by virtue of the simple fact that it has passed through someone else's hands and possession, and has not directly from a Dior boutique.

When you purchase through a reseller and not from the brand (and any brand at that, not just Dior) direct through one of its authorised distribution channels, you assume the risk that the product, if it later develops problems, will not be covered by the brand's aftersales service. Unless, as bebepunk has pointed out, you have been provided the original Dior purchase receipt, there is no obligation on Dior's part to cover the cost of spare parts and workmanship for you. In fact, in Australia unless you can provide proof of purchase, Dior will not necessarily take in your product for servicing, regardless of whether you pay a fee or not.

You may also wish to note that Dior will not modify or alter its designs in any way. If your wallet did not originally come with a leather pull and instead only had the charms affixed to the zipper, then it will be restored to that condition (assuming a boutique accepts your wallet for repair) and not anything else, such as adding a leather pull.

I'm sorry this has happened to your wallet but personally I think the title is a bit misleading when you did not purchase the wallet from Dior in the first instance. Quality issues can occur with any brand and of course are never pleasant, but repairs or even a replacement would be a non-issue if you had bought from Dior direct.

Great post, emi!

Dior has quality issues. My former good friend bought a wallet back in the days and she used for 4-5 months and the D-rind attached to the denim fell off but itself. I don't remember if Dior boutique fixed it for her but if I can remember correctly she exchanged it for another design wallet.

Based on my personal experience...I bought a jacket from Barneys NY and the stitching it horrible that it ripped. I wore the jacket only a few times.

Don't get my wrong, I like dior. I don't stop loving dior because of that. But they need to improve their QA.

Wow,

I have to say that you are one lucky person. I purchase my Dior wallet/wristlet made in cannage lambskin from the Dior boutique in Auckland. I've had it less than a year and the leather is showing much wear and distress. I've sent it to my nearest Dior boutique and they've told me that there is nothing that they can do because I purchased it from another "zone" and since the North American zone did not carry this product, they cannot do anything for me. I now have to contact the boutique in Auckland to see if there is anything they can do. I can only guess that the cost to ship it down there if they agree could cost as much as buying a new wallet from Gucci or another brand.

This is poor customer service for a luxury brand with world wide boutiques. Why would I then buy anything when shopping overseas? Isn't that the point to get product that you may not be able to get a home or take advantage of exchange rates or duty free?

Wow,

I have to say that you are one lucky person. I purchase my Dior wallet/wristlet made in cannage lambskin from the Dior boutique in Auckland. I've had it less than a year and the leather is showing much wear and distress. I've sent it to my nearest Dior boutique and they've told me that there is nothing that they can do because I purchased it from another "zone" and since the North American zone did not carry this product, they cannot do anything for me. I now have to contact the boutique in Auckland to see if there is anything they can do. I can only guess that the cost to ship it down there if they agree could cost as much as buying a new wallet from Gucci or another brand.

This is poor customer service for a luxury brand with world wide boutiques. Why would I then buy anything when shopping overseas? Isn't that the point to get product that you may not be able to get a home or take advantage of exchange rates or duty free?

Wow, that's awful! Quality and CS are the two main reasons why I buy luxury items. Did you speak to the manger? If so, I would try another Dior in your "zone"...some sales associates do try and go the extra mile, while others do not.

Wow, that's awful! Quality and CS are the two main reasons why I buy luxury items. Did you speak to the manger? If so, I would try another Dior in your "zone"...some sales associates do try and go the extra mile, while others do not.

Those are the two reasons why I buy luxury items as well. This time it didn't work out even though when I bought the item in Auckland, the SA told me that should any problems arise I could take it to any Dior. "Zones" were not mentioned.

I spoke to the manager at my nearest Dior store (I had to ship my item to him as there is not a store in my city) and he was the one that told me that there is nothing that they can do. They cannot/will not provide any service to items from other zones that were not carried in the North American zone. (you can check out my post on Dior - Warranty/guarantee Canada). He said that even items purchased in Europe would not be serviced in North America. You would think that given their status as a luxury brand and the worldwide presence that they would have done the work to see what could be done (e.g., call Auckland, arrange for an exchange between stores) but no I have to do this.

So I now have to figure out whether or not it's worth the headache of dealing with the store in Auckland or somewhere else in the zone (e.g., Hong Kong). My husband is heading to Hong Kong in September so maybe we'll try that route.

I got my Dior Gaucho bag for my birthday and three days later the shoulder strap literally broke off!! My Dad got it for me so he took it to the Dior store where he bought it, and they gave me a BRAND New on!! The same thing happened with a pair of sunglasses I got! This time it was my fault. I sat on them! oops! The SA's at the Dior store in Chevy Chase had NO problem just giving me a BRAND new pair! That was just my experiance!! I guess it depends on the store or the SA you deal with!

Last edited:
eminere™;12167644 said:
Well, that's Dior customer service for you. ;) You're very lucky.

I still think this thread title is awfully misleading, especially in light now of your happy outcome. :nogood:

Yes, the word "horrific" is an overly-dramatic description; it's not as though the whole wallet crumbled under your hands! Am glad to hear of the amazing-sounding customer service you received at Dior. A happy outcome, indeed.

While I agree that it should not necessarily be Dior's responsiblity to repair the item if it wasn't purchased directly from an authorized dealer, it's not unreasonable to expect that, so long as the item is authentic, it be of good enduring quality.

A brand acquires a good reputation for quality over time, much like how Acuras are generally known to be good used car buys, even if someone buys them 5 years old and out of warranty from a used car dealer.