Horrid customer service at 57th st again

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. 40% off dresses, jumpsuits and sandals at Nordstrom. Sale ends Thursday at 9am EST. Click or tap to shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. A few months back I wanted to buy a necklace, shoes, and jewelry. No one would help me. All the SAs were just talking to themselves. I asked for a manager they said there weren't any in the store. No one was in the store! Empty. They know me well there. I sent a letter of complaint to Chanel got a small gift back and a letter of apology. Now about 4 months later, I went up to the shoe floor and the clothes floor. There are tons of shoes, and a whole floor of clothes. Maybe 2 or 3 people looking. I was interested in a jacket. Two SAs were talking to each other. I had to get the jackets, try them on, put them back while these 2 morons just talked to each. Another person buying 2 jackets was there. I said what kind of service is this? She said I know they don't help you anymore. They're just standing there. When I was leaving the SA came over and said R U taking anything? NO! I decided w/such awful service Chanel can go to the hell! I expect the SA to help me, put the jacket on me, pull up the cuffs and tuck the jacket in a bit so I can see how it fits. I expect service for thousands of dollars! There's a reason 57th is doing so badly. This has been going on for the last year since Doug left. The people in charge need to be fired. I don't get it. The SAs make money on commission and it's so slow, yet they won't move. Many new people there since they are fired after 3 months if they don't make their numbers.

2. It may be a bit out of the way but have you considered other boutiques in the area such as Short Hills NJ (in NJ there's also no sales tax on clothes and shoes) ? There are 2 stores in there one in NM and the other is a stand alone in the mall. There's also a few more located throughout the city you can try as well. Anyways, if they were ignoring you I say too bad, they just miss out on extra sales. I would just brush it off- I wouldn't take it personally at all. Didn't know the 57th street boutique was that cumbersome :/

3. I'm so sorry for your experience :sad: If you're open to Saks, I know someone who is really lovely there. Not snobby and doesn't hard sell either when you have his attention. When I purchased from him, he actually tried to convince me not to buy and kept stressing that the lambskin is really delicate and I should wait. His honesty was actually want convinced me to buy the bag from him.

4. I'm very sorry for your experience because it is also the boutique I go to most often and I don't find that a problem. I know a very nice SA at that location if you ever want to shop there again.

5. I am from around the area and honestly from customer service standpoint - none beats the Short Hills boutique. Personally, from the ones I frequent, I would rank service from Short Hills, NJ -> Bloomingdales NYC -> Sakes NYC -> Neiman Marcs NJ.

In all honesty, I would only buy from other locations if Short HIlls didn't order the particular style or don't have it yet (and I came upon it at the other locations). I know that Short Hills is going to be moving to a new larger spot and they will have Ready to wear also after they move. Perhaps you can pay them a visit after that to see if they are to your liking. I love ALL of the staff there - they truly exemplify Chanel customer service as it should be. that reflects not on individual SA's, but rather a well ran well managed boutique. :tup:

6. Oh wow what horrid customer service! That sounds terrible! I haven't shopped there for a while but Doug was such a sweetheart to me! It seemed my SA left too and she had been there for a while. I was just at Bloomingdales browsing RTW last week and a very friendly SA came up and tried to be helpful right away. Too bad I wasn't looking to buy from bloomies but I was impressed because I was dressed casually and didn't engage her at all. It was refreshing. So my recommendation is to try them out next time!

7. i agree, the customer experience at Short Hills was exemplary in both the boutique and Neiman Marcus.