Horrible Highlights

looks like this happens a lot. recently i got highlights and wanted to lighten my base color. the highlights were orange/brassy and my base color was only lightened at the top but not my ends. OMG. i will never go back to that person again. i couldn't really talk to her about it bc i was already late for work and i had to leave fast. i tried redoing some of the highlights at home with a kit, it looks better...but i am probably going to just dye it back dark since i hate it.

Oh, I can totally sympathize with you!

I had got the same thing about two months ago - it was horrible. I wanted to have my hair dyed golden blonde, and it turned out ORANGE, just like you. But I didn't only have highlights, but my whole hair, and with a tanned skintone I totally looked like a carrot. It was HORRIBLE.

I ran to the drugstore right away and my mom put in a package of brown, a bit darker than my natural color. It turned out okay - no one noticed I had dyed it, but it was dryer and I still wanted it blonde.

So I decided to cough up a lot of cash and go to the best hairdresser I knew, and they immediantly understood, and gave me a whole lot of golden highlights so the entity was blonde. It turned out absolutely great! (I did have to do one or two of Frederic Fekkai mask-treatments myself because it was dry, but allright.)

Anyways, they said the other hairdresser that had dyed my hair orange didn't check the color inbetween. He just washed it out when it was time - but you're supposed to check it, and if you have natural brown hair with warm undertones, it should work into your hair longer.

I hope you'll finally get what you want sweety!

I don't know a whole lot about hair. But I'm for sure if your hair turned out "orange", and that you didn't asked it, most definitely, the lady messed up your hair real bad. Go get your refund or demand her to fix it.

i have had so many bad "orange" or "yelow" experiences that alittle over a year ago i decided to just go back to dark brown and i love it, LoL no mess up

I had a dream the other night that I went back and let the woman have it; however, no dice for the present. I already had it "fixed" (went to another place to have things lightened with actual bleach). I'm just such a chicken in real life! But, from now on, I def need to be more assertive! Everyone on here is so supportive! Thanks everyone :smile:

I am going to get some low lights put in this weekend to break some of the chunks up. It doesn't look horrible anymore, but I'd like it to be a bit more understated. My bangs are also all blonde and I don't like that at all.