Horrible "H" Sightings in London Today

The Mercedes dealership I use has a small retail area for local artists to sell their goods, and lo and behold I saw several "fake" or copied birkins and kellys. Of course they are not advertised as Hermes, but the design is an exact copy of the birkin and kelly, and price tag wasn't cheap ($2-3K for ostrich or faux ostrich, couldn't tell):wtf: I know these fakes are not the result of child labor or illegal activity, and yes it is very obvious they are not Hermes, but still, this person is copying someone else's design. I guess that is what I have a problem with.

Just the other day I was shopping at my favourite shoe shop and spotted this four-sided birkin by "Slow and Steady Wins the Race". This brand can be found at some high-end shops and they do a tongue-in-cheek take at the iconic bags. Although I'm no fan of inspired bags, I thought it was kinda funny and compared it to my birkin and had a laugh. I guess I felt it wasn't as bad as those in-your-face copies from other places. Recently, I've seen this mass-market shoe shop in my country selling totally fake ostrich kelly bags. That was a 'Yuck' to see.

For me it's a matter of principle. If they want to make handbags, fine. They should damn well put some effort into it and design their own rather than blatantly ripping off someone else's success.

Rant over. :P

Hahahaha! There is a handbag boutique in a Philadelphia hotel that sometimes sells copies of H bags. I once went inside and said to the owner (about one of the bags) "That's a nice copy of the Hermes bag." He said to me "Oh, no, Hermes copied this bag."

Ugh. I so detest fakes.
attachment.php

Attachments

• fakes.gif
    fakes.gif
    3.1 KB · Views: 28
Ugh. I so detest fakes.
attachment.php

Truly.

The gal who wrote "Deluxe: how luxury lost its luster", a great read, gives talks about the horrific nature of the fake industry and what it does, inhumane and heartbreaking, to both children and adults alike. I almost cried at her stories. And she's seen most of them firsthand! :crybaby:

Truly.

The gal who wrote "Deluxe: how luxury lost its luster", a great read, gives talks about the horrific nature of the fake industry and what it does, inhumane and heartbreaking, to both children and adults alike. I almost cried at her stories. And she's seen most of them firsthand! :crybaby:

The horrible stories about the children forced to make the fakes is why I hate them. I truly don't care about protecting Hermes or any other brand.