Horrible experience Selfridges/Gucci

snibor

O.G.
Nov 12, 2006
Just wanted share my recent on line experience. Selfridges now advertises shipping to US. There was a Gucci bag I wanted for significant discount. At first I noticed 2 of the Gucci bags on their website had photos with incorrect measurements listed. The photos shown were smaller versions of the bag but dimensions listed were for larger models of same bags. So I asked which was correct. Was told they would check with distribution and get back to me. Was told via email to contact a certain person if I had questions. Except there was no way to contact that person (and no last name given) and the email it was sent from you cannot reply to. I never did hear back.
So I finally figured out by looking at product code listed that the dimensions listed were incorrect. That assumes the product code listed was correct. So I order the bag I want. Days go by, my credit card is pending but selfridges shows zero paid. I call my credit card company and they explain the charge is pending as my bank accepted but selfridges hasn’t done anything on their end. I email selfridges, get a general response that they’ll get back to me on status of order. Never heard.
With the order still not charged but pending, I finally cancelled. After doing a search on line I see this is common, particularly with items purchased in US. Never again. My excitement to save on the bag was ruined. But I suppose I’ll stick with full price Gucci experience from now on (or outlet).

I find this a lot on many third party stockists and not just Selfridges or across international borders. They don't know the product so if you ask all goes quiet or they fob you off, sometimes even pulling the product. I ordered a Pat Mcgrath T-shirt from Selfridges online and got similar treatment, bottom line is they have no idea.

My advice to anyone buying Gucci from online, especially third party stockists, is just leave alone. Once the original person that put up the item made a mistake and a temp hired for a couple of weeks before Christmas will not be able to handle because the warehouse is a looooong way off from the shop floor and the shop floor is waaaay away from the CS team who could be anywhere.