Horrible Experience At Paris Flagship

Status
Not open for further replies.

noloc45

Dec 18, 2019
So last week I was in Paris with my wife and we waited in line at the Flagship store on Champs

Once inside we again waiting another 30 mins until finally my wife decided to flag someone down instead.

We were a group of friends and the guy made about 5 sales in 1hr. But the experience was TERRIBLE.

I saw some customers walking out of a bathroom so I asked a different SA about using the bathroom and they told me they didnt have one. Ok, I figured paying customers only so ill ask the SA helping us. When he comes back I ask him and he lies to me (bathroom is DIRECTLY behind him) and tells me no bathrooms for customers. So I ask him why I saw 2 customers just go in and out and he LIES again and says its for pregnant women and disabled people only so right then I see a very well abled customer walk out and ask him again. He had nothing to say. At this point Im just pissed.

Dont lie to me. Just tell me the truth. VIP only, fine, no problem.

I was ready to return the item just for the lies and because he was being exceptionally rude as we were deciding what purchase to make as if we were wasting him time. But for the sake of my wife and her limited edition bag I kept my cool. He lied to us about the bathroom and about available items that he said were available for sale but another SA told us they were.

My friend was with us and he inquired about seeing passport holders and when everybody made their purchase, the SA told him "theyre downstairs" and walked away.

So we get back to our AirBnB and I ask to see the bag. THIS MORON LEFT THE SECURITY TAG ON THE BAG!!! Then it clicked why we kept setting off alarms at Galeria Lafayette and such! We checked another girls item, which was her first LV experience, this guy didnt bother to find a box. He put the purse inside a bag, then that bag inside ANOTHER BAG! Put a stick on the end that said LV to make it "official"

We were so disappointed and ready to rip this guy apart. I kept my cool and went back to the store. Spoke to 3 managers who told us they were sorry but they were out of boxes all across France. WHAT!!? The flagship store doesnt have enough boxes for the items they make!?? My wifes box was WAY too big. We made a huge fuss about it to get their attention, within 30 seconds they found 2 fantastic boxes for my wifes purse and another one for my friends purse.

I saw a guy that looked like he was truly the manager and had a chat with him. The french are rude, I made them look small. He apologized over and over again, asked to see my receipt, took a picture and said he was going to take care of my receipt.

The whole experience was terrible. LV in Orlando, FL has been customer service. It was a shameful experience and I was tempted to just return the bag.

I told wife to keep it up but I decided to shop next door at Dior instead.

So last week I was in Paris with my wife and we waited in line at the Flagship store on Champs

Once inside we again waiting another 30 mins until finally my wife decided to flag someone down instead.

We were a group of friends and the guy made about 5 sales in 1hr. But the experience was TERRIBLE.

I saw some customers walking out of a bathroom so I asked a different SA about using the bathroom and they told me they didnt have one. Ok, I figured paying customers only so ill ask the SA helping us. When he comes back I ask him and he lies to me (bathroom is DIRECTLY behind him) and tells me no bathrooms for customers. So I ask him why I saw 2 customers just go in and out and he LIES again and says its for pregnant women and disabled people only so right then I see a very well abled customer walk out and ask him again. He had nothing to say. At this point Im just pissed.

I was ready to return the item just for the lies and because he was being exceptionally rude as we were deciding what purchase to make as if we were wasting him time. But for the sake of my wife and her limited edition bag I kept my cool. He lied to us about the bathroom and about available items that he said were available for sale but another SA told us they were.

My friend was with us and he inquired about seeing passport holders and when everybody made their purchase, the SA told him "theyre downstairs" and walked away.

So we get back to our AirBnB and I ask to see the bag. THIS MORON LEFT THE SECURITY TAG ON THE BAG!!! Then it clicked why we kept setting off alarms at Galeria Lafayette and such! We checked another girls item, which was her first LV experience, this guy didnt bother to find a box. He put the purse inside a bag, then that bag inside ANOTHER BAG! Put a stick on the end that said LV to make it "official"

We were so disappointed and ready to rip this guy apart. I kept my cool and went back to the store. Spoke to 3 managers who told us they were sorry but they were out of boxes all across France. WHAT!!? The flagship store doesnt have enough boxes for the items they make!?? My wifes box was WAY too big. We made a huge fuss about it to get their attention, within 30 seconds they found 2 fantastic boxes for my wifes purse and another one for my friends purse.

I saw a guy that looked like he was truly the manager and had a chat with him. The french are rude, I made them look small. He apologized over and over again, asked to see my receipt, took a picture and said he was going to take care of my receipt.

The whole experience was terrible. LV in Orlando, FL has been customer service. It was a shameful experience and I was tempted to just return the bag.

You sound like a horrible person and as a French citizen myself I am appalled by the kind of sweeping generalizations you are making in this post.

Last edited:

You seem to have had a bad experience. However I cannot read your post without saying I truly dislike such statements about a nationality, especially mine. Your assessments have no place in such a forum, where courtesy is delicious.

So sorry. What a horrible experience.

Reactions: LoverField
Your experience sounds terrible, and the SA at LV does sound like a seriously crappy person - I’d be frustrated as well. That being said, I’d really think twice about making such a nasty generalization. As someone who spends A LOT of time in Paris on a regular basis (for pleasure, not work), I can tell you firsthand that you are completely wrong. Don’t play into the stereotype of the ignorant American please - you need to realize that there are sh!tty people in EVERY country, you can’t let one bad apple speak for the entire orchard. Next time I’d recommend trying the LV store on Boulevard Saint-Germain - less crowded than CE, and the SA are very nice.

Last edited:
Wow. I get that you're upset because you had a bad experience but you just showed what kind of person you are with this statement.

May the next LV store be worthy of serving you.
Agree. That quote made my skin crawl. That kind of entitled arrogant behavior makes America look even worse than it already does

That was a really rude comment!
But let’s not turn into “Americans are bad” as a retort/argument. Just as his comment was ignorant and generalizing, so is responding that it’s an American thing. It’s all gross.
That’s absolutely not what I said. There are people that see Americans as arrogant and entitled. When you travel to another country you are representing where you are from and should try to be a polite visitor rather than reinforcing these stereotypes. I agree that you can find rude arrogant terrible people wherever you go. one nationality doesn’t own that.

Oh please, I will not be apologetic about my comment.

You guys seem to pretend that only nice things are said about Americans. Your own french president speaks badly about us.

Its not about just the box. The fact that he was disrespectful, rude and liar led up to everything being a bad experience.

Leaving a security tag on, that speaks volumes of the type of SA he is (or was). The big manager I spoke with was very well mannered and helped me and I shook his hand and thanked him.

Nothing to do with entitlement but when you're spending over 6k in 1-2hrs, you expect a little more than the crummy service I received.

He lied and he was rude, he deserves everything I said about him here. And I didn't even say any of that to his manager or mention his name.

You guys need to get real. @Justthisone hit right on the nail, you quickly showed exactly how you think of Americans as well. It is what it is.

I've been twice to Paris and both times we've left with a wonderful view of the city. The people? Not so much. I'll put it this way, the lovely lady as Faure Le Page told me "I love france, I dislike french people," and yes she was french, and NO, she wasnt the only french person to say the same.

That’s absolutely not what I said. There are people that see Americans as arrogant and entitled. When you travel to another country you are representing where you are from and should try to be a polite visitor rather than reinforcing these stereotypes. I agree that you can find rude arrogant terrible people wherever you go. one nationality doesn’t own that.

I agree, but historically the French are known to be rude. And in my experience, it's been the truth. Let's not pretend this is some new idea

Oh please, I will not be apologetic about my comment.

You guys seem to pretend that only nice things are said about Americans. Your own french president speaks badly about us.

Its not about just the box. The fact that he was disrespectful, rude and liar led up to everything being a bad experience.

Leaving a security tag on, that speaks volumes of the type of SA he is (or was). The big manager I spoke with was very well mannered and helped me and I shook his hand and thanked him.

Nothing to do with entitlement but when you're spending over 6k in 1-2hrs, you expect a little more than the crummy service I received.

He lied and he was rude, he deserves everything I said about him here. And I didn't even say any of that to his manager or mention his name.

You guys need to get real. @Justthisone hit right on the nail, you quickly showed exactly how you think of Americans as well. It is what it is.

I've been twice to Paris and both times we've left with a wonderful view of the city. The people? Not so much. I'll put it this way, the lovely lady as Faure Le Page told me "I love france, I dislike french people," and yes she was french, and NO, she wasnt the only french person to say the same.
I’m American. I’ve been to France several times. Honestly don’t think the people I met were more or less rude than Americans. I didn’t say that French people also don’t have a reputation for being rude. I would encourage everyone regardless of country of origin not to be rude or arrogant.

I’m American. I’ve been to France several times. Honestly don’t think the people I met were more or less rude than Americans. I didn’t say that French people also don’t have a reputation for being rude. I would encourage everyone regardless of country of origin not to be rude or arrogant.

I'm American but my family come from 2 different Hispanic countries. I know the differences in cultures, I understand that. Every country has their bad apples. Theres no doubt about that

Status
Not open for further replies.