Horrible experience and the rudest SA in Hermes Sloane Street London

^but their goodies are never ending!! i guess we'll just have to buy H at all the 'good' boutiques... that said i STILL go to Sloane Street.. not all the SAs are snobbish.. and i guess it depends on how busy they are as well.. my obsession for H far outweighs my fear of being 'ill-treated' by some of the SAs..;)

^but their goodies are never ending!! i guess we'll just have to buy H at all the 'good' boutiques... that said i STILL go to Sloane Street.. not all the SAs are snobbish.. and i guess it depends on how busy they are as well.. my obsession for H far outweighs my fear of being 'ill-treated' by some of the SAs..;)
Yes it is a relatively new journey for me but I know it can be a never ending love.

...was informed by the SA to "next time buy a proper bag" and secondly when I walked in there once to buy a scarf but carrying a Primark shopping bag (which contained 6 cashmere jumpers) the SA let it be known she did not want me to carry a Hermes bag down the street
Wow, that is extremely disrespectful of the customer, simply no manners at all!

If it was me, I would retort back and said "Well, I didn't know Hermes make such crappy bags, if I knew beforehand I wouldn't be buying your stuff at all." and with the Primark statement "Oh I love shopping at Primark! The shop assistants there are so much friendlier than people here!"

Does anyone talk to the manager when these things happen? If I were the manager of the store, I would most certainly want to know.
Some SAs at high-end boutiques seem to get a power rush from bullying customers who will let them. When this happened to me, not once, not twice, but three times, I made an appointment , sat down with the manager of the store, and calmly and quietly recounted the incidents.
Believe me, although I spoke in a soft voice so the other customers couldn't hear me, I was heard, and this will never happen to me again.

Wow, that is extremely disrespectful of the customer, simply no manners at all!

If it was me, I would retort back and said "Well, I didn't know Hermes make such crappy bags, if I knew beforehand I wouldn't be buying your stuff at all." and with the Primark statement "Oh I love shopping at Primark! The shop assistants there are so much friendlier than people here!"

LOL! Unfortunately I'm not quick enough with the retorts - I'm afraid I'd just stand there speechless in amazement at how rude some people can be.

rudeness is just unacceptable...it shouldn't matter what you're wearing, etc, everyone deserves common courtesy and respect from a shop and its employees. After all, the employees are there because of buyers. I just think it's easier to be kind and polite than to be rude and mean. This SA should have to take a class on manners.

Cat, I'm so sorry this happened to you. Please call the sales manager and tell them what happened. There's never an excuse for rudeness. I complained about one of my stores sales associates, and got an apology tout suite. The SA not only called to apologize, but wrote, as well.

If you don't call them on their rudeness, they have no reason to change.

Interesting to read that Sloane St seems to be the bad egg in London - Misssa - amazing that you had the same "you must buy this colour" experience as me! It's bizarre.
I have to say that the points made above about speaking to the Manager are really good and the more people give feedback the more the Manager may realise they have an issue - after all you can't put something right if you don't know it's wrong.
Remember the film "Pretty Woman" where Julia Roberts looks for clothes in a boutique dressed in her hooker clothes and the staff turn their noses up at her then she returns a few days later looking all glammed up and goes "ha - you work on commission....." to them!!

How interesting. This is the same store where one SA told me I "must" buy the raspberry Ex Libris shawl despite the fact that I told her it's way too bright for my liking. In fact, she went on saying that the gris/blanc version was only for old women :wtf:

How interesting. This is the same store where one SA told me I "must" buy the raspberry Ex Libris shawl despite the fact that I told her it's way too bright for my liking. In fact, she went on saying that the gris/blanc version was only for old women :wtf:
:wtf:

I feel sooooooo tempted to go to London asap and enter that store:nuts::P

i swear i've heard of this happening to someone else as well :wtf:

Sorry you had such an unpleasant experience, not at all acceptable for Hermes. TBH what you were wearing would bear no relation to the way you were treated

I have found that Sloane St is by far the least friendly of all the London stores which is why I no longer frequent it and stick with Bond St and Selfridges. I would strongly suggest you do the same and no longer give them your custom, it's not like we don't have enough other H stores in London

I agree, they are very rude at Sloane street, in Bond Street however they are really wonderful!

Does anyone talk to the manager when these things happen? If I were the manager of the store, I would most certainly want to know.
Some SAs at high-end boutiques seem to get a power rush from bullying customers who will let them. When this happened to me, not once, not twice, but three times, I made an appointment , sat down with the manager of the store, and calmly and quietly recounted the incidents.
Believe me, although I spoke in a soft voice so the other customers couldn't hear me, I was heard, and this will never happen to me again.

I was horrified when I read some of the stories about this store. Like Rose100 said above, it is a good idea to complain to someone about it. However, In this case I wonder if complaining to the manager of that store would get anywhere. Sounds like the behavior has been going on for some time and I seems unlikely that the manager could be unaware.

If you don't think you would get anywhere with the store manager I would go over his head and send an actual letter (not email) to a regional manager/country manager. You can call the company and get information on name and address.

The company needs to know. I know they would not want customers treated like that. The reason that I always complain when there is a big issue is I truly believe that most companies want to know when they aren't doing well, and want to take actions to correct the issue.

Any time that I have written an actual letter and mailed it off to "higher up", I have always received a response that indicates they will take action to correct the problem.