Horrible David Yurman Oxidizing…

I don’t own this jewelry but the ruthenium hardware on my Chanel reissue was looking a bit dull... so I used sunshine polishing cloth and it did the trick. My chains still have that oxidized look but its just more polished. You can purchase this cloth on amazon. I imagine it would work for silver jewelry as well.

Reactions: Fashion412
I've had similar issues with my DY bracelets after not wearing them for a while. If you have a boutique nearby, they can clean them for free. I brought mine in and they came back looking basically like new!

I have a David Yurman necklace, 925 sterling silver, rather thick chain too. I noticed it get oxidised often. I googled once for silver cleaning tips (i.e. as natural as possible), and I founder a few articles online talking about adding a little bit of bicarb soda and small piece of aluminium foil into boiling water, then put the silver in, the tarnish would just disappear. I tried a few times, with all my silver things, rings, brackets, necklaces etc, and it worked really well!

Took them out of their pouches for the first time in a few months and they look ruined. Anyone have this experience? What did you do?

View attachment 5176474

View attachment 5176475
DY offers free cleaninf and polishing so stop by the store. If you cannot make it into the store and it’s silver, you can clean it by doing the following:
glass bowl, line the bowl with aluminum foil, pinch of salt, 1 tbsp of baking soda. Place the bangle in the bowl, add hot water, voila. I’ve done this many times with my silver DY bangles without any issues. I have the silver bangle with diamonds and black onyx and see no damage but just be aware this a home remedy. Try it with any other item first to see if you’re ok with the results.

I use Goddard Silver Polish or Dip, being careful not to polish stones. Works like a champ…no damage to the pieces at all. Or a silver polishing cloth…just remember to rinse well with water and dry with a soft cloth after.

It's wild how well that worked! I actually may put these back in my jewelry rotation again!

Yes, I always use this method with silver and it’s amazing! And it doesn’t strip the blackened bits inside the coils like a chemical silver dip does…learned this the hard way putting Pandora in cheap silver cleaning chemical.

Last winter, I went into a natural sulphur hot springs forgetting to take my Tiffany silver bracelet off first. Within minutes it was completely oil-slick blue! Actually looked kinda cool and I wore it like that for a few weeks…and then used the baking soda/aluminum foil/hot water method and it was good as new.

I know this thread is a little old but I’m here because the same thing happened to me. You need to use the white side of the polishing cloth- that’s it! I used mine for the first time today and the white side of my cloth is completely black! It worked like manic and all 3 of my bracelets are like new again! The cloth was all I used