Horrible customer service story as well as a reveal!

May 13, 2007
Well I went to Dillards today looking at what bags they have and I asked the SA if their going to have their extra 40 off sale and I got one of them to tell me that it will start today at 4 for cardholders (which i am) and to wait around to get it off. Well I wanted one bag that was there but they told me they could not put it on hold. So, I went and looked around the store, browsed..got some clothes as well and then at 4 I told the SA well that is the bag I want to get. The SA tells me "ohh the manager wants that bag, let me go see what she says"....Im thinking in my head what?!!?:wtf:....She comes back with no bag in her hand and tells me that the manager wanted it and is going to buy it....right about at this point i am ready to make a scene but I just collect myself and I go to the store manager to explain my story because that is not right. After I explain to the store manager exactly what happened, shes makes a phone call and tells me to go back down stairs and the manager in charge of that department will be down with the bag. I did get the bag at the end but I just could not believe that this lady had the guts to tell me I couldnt buy something that was on the floor because one of the managers wanted it. First off they are not allowed to put stuff on hold just as I am not. As long as that bag was there, I had every right to buy it. It was also the last one they had and I did not feel like wasting gas and money to go all the way to another mall, I shouldnt have to. Alright, well I just had to vent lol now I will take pictures for the reveal and also have something to eat. I will be back in about 30 for the reveal, sorry for the wait!

Wow... I can't believe the SA said that. Perhaps she really wanted it for herself and just blamed her manager? Glad you didn't blow your top and that you got your bag :smile: Go eat, we'll be here lol!

Well I went to Dillards today looking at what bags they have and I asked the SA if their going to have their extra 40 off sale and I got one of them to tell me that it will start today at 4 for cardholders (which i am) and to wait around to get it off. Well I wanted one bag that was there but they told me they could not put it on hold. So, I went and looked around the store, browsed..got some clothes as well and then at 4 I told the SA well that is the bag I want to get. The SA tells me "ohh the manager wants that bag, let me go see what she says"....Im thinking in my head what?!!?:wtf:....She comes back with no bag in her hand and tells me that the manager wanted it and is going to buy it....right about at this point i am ready to make a scene but I just collect myself and I go to the store manager to explain my story because that is not right. After I explain to the store manager exactly what happened, shes makes a phone call and tells me to go back down stairs and the manager in charge of that department will be down with the bag. I did get the bag at the end but I just could not believe that this lady had the guts to tell me I couldnt buy something that was on the floor because one of the managers wanted it. First off they are not allowed to put stuff on hold just as I am not. As long as that bag was there, I had every right to buy it. It was also the last one they had and I did not feel like wasting gas and money to go all the way to another mall, I shouldnt have to. Alright, well I just had to vent lol now I will take pictures for the reveal and also have something to eat. I will be back in about 30 for the reveal, sorry for the wait!

I guess someone needs some retail training - I have never in my life (and I am 41) heard anything like that before - that is really CRAZY -

Sorry ladies I will be back in another 30 mins to an hour, my mom wants one of the bags at Dillards so Im going to go grab it for her real fast, even though I really do not want to go back to that store

Wow, that's just ridiculous. I guess the SA didn't want to piss her manager off, but I can't believe they would treat a customer like that. I'm glad you didn't let them get away with that. Now, I can't wait to see what you got!

Can't wait to see the bag! That is horrible customer service! I am glad that you went to the Manager of the store! I can't believe the SA wouldn't hold the bag for you, being that the sale was to start in an hour or so! If the ASM wanted the bag, it shouldn't have been out for customers to see! It helps to talk to the Store Manager because they don't want to lose you as a customer or want bad publicity!
I had an incident where I bought a D/B purse from a store here in MN. It was actually sent from another store and took forever. I got the bag and the color of the leather on the purse didn't match on the two pockets. I went to the store and they sent me a new one! I wasn't happy because they left the box w/purse in it on my front step of my house. They didn't have anyone sign for it! It was a $300 purse. (DHL delivered it! - worst delivery company!) I called DHL and asked why the box was left on the step and no one had to sign for it! They told me that the store has to require a signature not DHL. I called customer service of the store and asked if they had problems with DHL and they said they had. CS said a woman ordered a pair of shoes from them and never got them. Someone had taken them off the woman's step and returned them for money!
I ended up writing an email to the President of the Company! I got a fast response!! I ended up meeting the Store Manager and having a long chat! The manager was super nice and in the end, I ended getting half off of my purse! (My goal was to have the company realize what a poor Shipping company they used! They have since changed to UPS and I have my bag shipped to the store!)

Can't wait to see your purse!!!!!

Lynne :biggrin: