Horrible color transfer on Mini Mac

Catash

May 3, 2014
Maryland, USA
I owned two Mini Macs: one Minty Perforated from Saks Exclusive and one Almond that I bought from Nieman Marcus. The almond Mac has dry, tough, PVC-like leather that I am not fond of. Due to the versatility of the color, I still keep the bag. This weekend I took her out and got really bad color transfer from my black jeans. I never had this issue with the other Mini Mac, but I also didn't wear the same jeans while carrying the Minty Mac.

Does color transfer occur more often on poor-quality leather? Almond is not a super light color though, so I am annoyed that this happened.

KaseyHK

~ content ~
Dec 1, 2012
Fragrant Harbour
i've noticed that for leather which has a glazed or waxy or super smooth surface, the issue of color transfer is less. for the leather with a matte look or rough or heavily pebbled surface, color transfer is kind of serious. and this applies to all brands.

perhaps it's too late. (unless it's suede or nubuck or patent) i always recommend to apply 2 layers of leather care product before use to protect it from water and dirt and color transfer.

Catash

May 3, 2014
Maryland, USA
Thanks for the suggestion. Will definitely pretreat my other bags.

Luckily, most of the black color came off after I wiped the bag with a wet towel. I chipped the corner a bit, but at least it doesn't look as bad now.

i've noticed that for leather which has a glazed or waxy or super smooth surface, the issue of color transfer is less. for the leather with a matte look or rough or heavily pebbled surface, color transfer is kind of serious. and this applies to all brands.

perhaps it's too late. (unless it's suede or nubuck or patent) i always recommend to apply 2 layers of leather care product before use to protect it from water and dirt and color transfer.

StarBrite310

Purse Fanatic!
O.G.
Jun 6, 2007
L.A.
I spray all my light color bags before wearing with Vectra spray. It's great and I never get color transfer once it's on the bag. For now though, you should try and clean the rest off with Cadillac leather cleaner. I bought mine at Nordstrom, it works really well!