Horrible clothing store lighting -spinoff

1. This is a spinoff from the dressing-rooms-with-no-mirrors thread. Someone mentioned the poor lighting, and that has been a beef of mine for some time. I have sallow skin-tone, and the lighting in many stores makes me look positively ill. How can I tell if anything works on me if I look ill no matter what? So I end up buying nothing, and taking my business elsewhere.:P

2. Yeah, sometimes the lighting in stores makes my skin looks yellow. And sometimes it's so dark I can't even see myself. coughhollisterandabercrombiecough)

3. Oh I know and 100% agree! At Hollister, it seems like they don't even clean their mirrors and at Abercrombie, the mirrors are tilted like we're in a fun house!:throwup:

A cute little story I had to share: One time my Dad and I were shopping and we went into Hollister- As soon as he walks in, he goes "Why is it so dark in here- **looks at the price tag on a shirt**, so you can't see the price?"! And the day we went in, it was rainy/windy out, but all of the employees were dressed in skirts and flip flops- he thought that was pretty funny too. And then he was looking at the jeans, and he goes "Whats the difference between vintage wash and strech?"!! :upsidedown:

And another thing that bugs me is the stairs! Its so dark when you walk in, one time I tripped and stumbled! My friend was with me and we both started laughing so hard because that is such a thing that I would do!

And the music in both of the places!:jammin: Holy cow! Its wayyy to loud! I've had to walk out of the store a few times because the music was to loud and I was getting a headache!

Anyway,invisicat-Please don't worry about how your skin looks! I'm sure that it looks great in natural day light! Maybe if you bought something and then tried it on in a different store (from where it was purchased) that has good lighting, you'll be able to see how it truely looks- I'm not sure if thats allowed but it could be a solution!

4. My skin tone doesn't bother me as much as my body does. I am honestly convinced that there are skinny mirrors and fat mirrors. J Crew totally has fat mirrors, which isn't a good idea for a store that sells swimsuits. I am always discouraged from purchasing anything in that store. Redrose- you are totally right: The music is WAY too loud in Abercrombie and Hollister-not to mention that MAC counter in department stores.

5. i KNOW! but i read somewhere that they MUST keep it between certain decibals...GREAT. I think i would do more shopping there if there was LIGHT. Has anyone been in Reuhl's? It's WORSE.

6. I know what you mean about poor lighting. At my local Macy's, there are certain dressing rooms that I totally avoid, because it's SO dim and dark in there.

7. I've been lucky that the lighting has been good at the places I shop. I do require a mirror in my dressing room though because I'm not going out of that room. I love the pedistal (sp?) that Saks has in their dressing rooms.

8. I've got very pale skin and with poor lighting I look like a plucked chicken in those dressing rooms, bleeh.

9. :lol: You would think they would want us to look good!

10. The loud, booming, obnoxious music is one of the reasons I stay the hell away from Abercrombie and Hollister. I don't mind stores that have a little music, but these two stores overdo it. It actually gives me a headache to stand anywhere near either store. Besides, even at 26 I feel a bit too old to be shopping there. It seems like everyone there (employees included) is under 20.

11. I know! I've been to so many places with this problem and I just look so horrible it makes me not want to buy anything and then I just think how do I walk out the house looking like this sometimes LOL :shame:

12. Kinda OT but I HATE the lighting at makeup counters... you can never tell how the colors REALLY look on you under all that lighting! I usually tell them I'm going to step out for a second (so I can go into the main section of the mall which has sunlight) to check. I've bought too many shades of lipgloss that make me look positively :throwup: in real lighting so now I won't buy anything until I check how it looks in other lighting.

13. Hollister is HORRIBLE!! It is sooo dark in there, half the time you don't know if you are buying a black or navy shirt! I went in once and never went in again, it sucks there!

14. Gosh I can't stand AF,Hollister,Ruhel..............................MUSIC IS LOUD,LIGHTING SUCKS,AND YEAH!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice