Hops has cat flu

Sez

Bag lady
O.G.
Apr 17, 2007
I was away over new year celebrating my Dad's birthday so Hops and Pip were in the cattery. I collected them yesterday and since then Hops has been sneezy, swallowing a lot and licking his nose, so this morning we headed off to the vet. She thinks he has mild flu :sad: Fortunately he is vaccinated so it shouldn't be too severe, but the stress of the cattery visit has probably knocked his immune system and he is wheezy, so the vet gave him an AB shot to catch any secondary chest infection. Fingers crossed my little man will be better soon.

(I should add that I don't blame the cattery, they are very strict on vaccinations and the place was very clean, but cat flus are so contagious and so many cats carry them that it is always going to be a risk.)

Oh Hops - get better soon little man. You may remember I went through this last summer, nearly all of them got it at once. Lots of tasty pieces of cooked chicken, along with AD food, seemed to help. Get better, Mr Hops!

i was told most cats from shelter got it...and if they stay at somewhere there's other cats...it's easy to catch a flu for them.
hope you kitty feel better soon...

Thanks for the get-well wishes. Hops sneezed in my face to wake me up today (a trick my old boy Clay used to use). He ate all his breakfast but seems to be feeling rather sorry for himself, he is curled up looking miserable on the spare bed :sad:

Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr.

(If you've never seen Big Bang theory, this song may not make any sense to you. But it's the song that Penny sings to Sheldon whenever he is sick. So this is my way of trying to make Hops feel better.)

When my cat had a cold her nose was stuffed so I went out and bought a humidifier to help clear up her sinuses. A cheaper alternative would've to take a shower and have her in the bathroom with the steam. Hope he gets better soon~

Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr.

(If you've never seen Big Bang theory, this song may not make any sense to you. But it's the song that Penny sings to Sheldon whenever he is sick. So this is my way of trying to make Hops feel better.)

LOL I sing this song to my cats, I'm such a nerd!:P

I hope Hops feels better soon! Poor kitty was probably stressed when he was there so it made it easier for him to catch something. Wishing him a speedy recovery.

Haha I've not seen it but I will whisper it to my little man while I cuddle him :smile:

And now I feel like the meanest cat mum ever, I just had to give my little man a stern telling off and got THE EYES (I'm poorly Mummy, how could you shout at me?). For who knows what reason Hops walked into the kitchen and jumped straight up onto THE HOB! Goodness knows what possessed him, he's only once been up on the surface in the kitchen before and that was just after I got him...he got a telling off that time too, and we always shut the door at night/when we are out so he's not been making himself comfy up there when I'm not about. Thankfully the hob was off and cold, imagine if it had been on, his little paw pads :wtf:

On the bright side, he can't be feeling too bad if he's bouncing about the place like a Mexican jumping bean!

And now I feel like the meanest cat mum ever, I just had to give my little man a stern telling off and got THE EYES (I'm poorly Mummy, how could you shout at me?). For who knows what reason Hops walked into the kitchen and jumped straight up onto THE HOB! Goodness knows what possessed him, he's only once been up on the surface in the kitchen before and that was just after I got him...he got a telling off that time too, and we always shut the door at night/when we are out so he's not been making himself comfy up there when I'm not about. Thankfully the hob was off and cold, imagine if it had been on, his little paw pads :wtf:

On the bright side, he can't be feeling too bad if he's bouncing about the place like a Mexican jumping bean!

How's Hops doing, Sez? Know what you mean about THE EYES....Eamonn did the same thing this morning, jumped up on the hob...first time he has done that. He was furious with me for telling him off.....acted all injured and hurt.....

Ha ha, I know that look! We call it "pork chop eyes""--long story but basically involves refusing a certain kitty free access to a dinner plate. It It'a a soul-shriveling look when you are on the receiving end!