Hooters Restaurant

HEART15

O.G.
Jan 14, 2006
Do u guys know anyone who currently works/worked at Hooters? I've never been and am curious about the environment as far as being an employee. Any info u might have would be greatly appreciated...TIA!!:smile:

I have a friend that works there. When she first started she said there was A LOT to learn. She said there's XX steps in seating, taking orders, and bringing the food out. I guess you get used to it.

I think it's a fun environment. I don't think the uniforms are "skimpy" at all.

Are you planning to apply?

I have a friend that works there. When she first started she said there was A LOT to learn. She said there's XX steps in seating, taking orders, and bringing the food out. I guess you get used to it.

I think it's a fun environment. I don't think the uniforms are "skimpy" at all.

Are you planning to apply?

I'm strongly considering it...I just want a feel for what I might be getting myself into first. I think its a fun environment as well and have always felt that way. I'm not going to do it forever though. If this isn't too nosy, has your friend told u anything about the pay?

I worked at Hooters many years ago...and it was a really fun job!! The uniforms are even less skimpy now than they were then! Back in my day...we slit the back of the shirts, braced ourselves against a wall...while someone pulled the super tight in the back!!!!
I made very good $$$ in tips. I say give it a shot.....

I actually visited a Hooters when I was down in NC visiting a female friend - it was a pretty fun environment, we even bought t-shirts! I thought it was so cute that the waitresses would all stop by to write their names down on a napkin (although I don't think most of them were real, too many bambi's, amber's, and sasha's, lol).

I had a couple sorority sisters who worked at Hooters (until their fathers found out!!). They had fun and made A LOT A LOT A LOT of money... I mean, a lot considering how little they work and that their job is waitressing. They would easily bring in several hundred dollars in tips working one evening.

From what I've heard you make most of your money in tips - some girls make around $100-200 a night I think. Remember that you'll be a hostess before you're a server, and you have to take a "server test" to get to that position. Good luck!

I worked in a restaurant a while ago when I put myself through school. Base pay is very low, under minimum wage - I think I was paid $2.15/hr (not sure what it is today). The rest is made up with tips.

I made good money where I worked, can't comment on Hooters.

I've heard people say they loved it and people say they hated it. A lot might depend on which location. Of course it also depends on your personality too I'm sure.

some girls in my classes back in college worked at Hooters. It was kind of weird seeing them there but I suppose the money was good. I liked going there for the philly cheese steak :P