Hooded trench coat with warmer, should I keep it

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Vlad and I are fortunate to have a large platform with an amazing community of handbag loving people who join us daily from across the globe. We want to be a part of the fix to end systematic racism, both conscious and unconscious. We are taking steps, both personally and professionally, to be better allies for the Black community. You can read more of my thoughts on PurseBlog and discover a great roundup of Black-owned handbag brands as well.

As our forums are shopping-focused, read about the 15 Percent Pledge and consider signing the petition to call on major retailers to pledge 15% of their shelf space to Black-owned businesses. Please reach out to me directly if there is something you feel I could do differently on our forums to be a better ally and make this forum a welcoming community for all.

If you want to deepen your anti-racism work, here is a comprehensive document with resources on books for kids, podcasts, articles, videos and more.
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I bought this one for three weeks and still haven't used yet, I can't decide should I keep it or return. The form and length are perfect for me. But thing, which bother me is it's made in China and 100% cotton. Also, I live in a place with a lot of rain, commuting by train to work, don't know if this one is practical for my life style. I wear normal clothes, most of them from nordic designers. I'm bag addictive:smile:, if I return the coat, I will probably put money towards a new bag :smile:. I have only two days left to decide, thanks for help! ImageUploadedByPurseForum1461537512.861452.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1461537660.261133.jpg

2. Hi there littlehanoi,

I agree this trench looks great on you, however if you live in a rainy climate I will always recommend gaberdine over cotton. In cotton, you will get wet. In gaberdine, you will stay dry.

I know it's more expensive, but IMHO it is better to wait and save for the one that is more practical and better fabric. The first time you get wet, you will wish you had the other! Lol!

Once you get over the sticker shock and wear it a few times, you'll forget about the cost and be glad you went for it! Kinda like child birth, you forget the pain and love the baby, lol!!

If a Burberry London is truly out of the budget, why not go with something from Banana Republic. They make very nice trenches, but are much more affordable.

The other option is to wait for one to go on sale at one of the department stores. Once or twice a year they put a few on sale and you can get a pretty good deal that way!

Good luck with your decision!!

3. First, that trench looks great on you!

I second everything that StyleEyes wrote. It is great advice.

I considered the Brit trench with removable hood and liner, as well. Great colors, and good sale price, but it is not gaberdine, and it is made in China (making the sale price seem like not that great of a deal).

However, this trench looks really great on you!!! Let us know what you decide!

4. I think you look great in it. Nice piece :smile:

5. Thank you very much for your advises. I went by the store today and tried the Heritage classic fit trench. I think it fit me the same (little better over the chest), the arms are long but they can send it to taylor to cut. The question is should I change to London one?

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1461683656.354069.jpg

6. They are, both, beautiful!

The London appears to be higher quality. However, I do not love to button placement on that particular style (there are other London trenches with better placement). The second thing is, I feel that the length is a bit overwhelming on you. Just my opinion. Have you tried the other styles/lengths?

The Brit looks great but, I still agree with your concerns; and everything StyleEyes said previously.

7. You're right, the sale woman suggested to help me shorten on the arm and length if I buy the London one. As you said, the material on London is much nicer and water resistant too. However, I might return and buy London when I am going to London in June :smile:

8. I agree with what katayoun is saying here. Yes, please do try some others! They make several styles and you have to find the one that's right for you. Will you wear it all buttoned up as your showing it? I would suggest unbuttoning the top a bit. That might be part of the reason it's overwhelming you, as well as the length. Depending on your height, you may be able to get away with the shorter version and have it still look long. Also, with your complexion, I really like the honey color (you can find this color in gaberdine as well). There are also other button colors available. Both colors look great though!

Don't be afraid to ask to try on all of the options! That's what I did when I bought my first. Now that I've seen what I like and don't like, future purchases are easier to make.