HONG KONG Chanel Club

Good point, thanks! I definitely should do that for my classic flaps! I’ve noticed with use, the inner flap for my ML flap has some buckling right in the middle part. Anyone else have that? (I’m guessing it’s when my bag is full and closing it stresses that area?)
I only got my M/L a couple of weeks ago but when I wear it, I don’t close the inner flap. I find it hard to close. It should have come with a magnetic button really.

I think the reasoning behind not storing in bag and box is just so the leather has a chance to breathe. I chose to keep my Chanels in box for protection and the tissue paper helps fend off humidity and so I don’t keep in the dust bag as well (for breathing part). For my other bags (Celine, Loewe, Chloe etc) that don’t come in boxes, I do keep in dust bags and stand them upright.

Btw I meant “During really humid weather I do have dehumidifier on (not humidifier!) in my previous post.”

Thx for the clarification. Maybe it’s better not to store them in any bag or box at all... it looks better to display the bags on a shelve/cabinet anyway (if one has the space to do so - which I don’t have in HK but back at home I do). :smile:

Haha. Yeah. I knew that you meant “dehumidifier”. ;)

Thx for the clarification. Maybe it’s better not to store them in any bag or box at all... it looks better to display the bags on a shelve/cabinet anyway (if one has the space to do so - which I don’t have in HK but back at home I do). :smile:

Haha. Yeah. I knew that you meant “dehumidifier”. ;)

Unfortunately I can’t leave my Chanel bags unprotected like that as I have a 10yo boy and a dog who gets free roam of my bedroom. [emoji51]

Reactions: Kayceedee88
I do not have children, but anyway, the Chanel lambskin leather is soft and delicate. I keep them in dustbag and box, but trying to take them out from time to time, the worst you can do, from my point of view, is keeping them inside for a long time. The leather needs the outside.

Reactions: eckw
Another thing is the the inside zipper on the flap in the chanel timeless, makes a mark on the inside flap, and this zipper is just for decoration. I always protect this part of the bag with plastic bubbles when I keep it, but if you use the bag a lot, this mark always turns up.

Another thing is the the inside zipper on the flap in the chanel timeless, makes a mark on the inside flap, and this zipper is just for decoration. I always protect this part of the bag with plastic bubbles when I keep it, but if you use the bag a lot, this mark always turns up.

I hate that inside zipper. Bubble wrap is a good idea although I just use one of the black felt pieces to layer between the zipper and the inside flap and it seems to work too. But the zipper on my Gabrielle tweed WOC made terrible marks as i lost the felt and ended up with quite strong indents on the soft leather inside. :sadface:

Reactions: LucyMadrid
Do you girls know which Boy Bag have higher resell value? Chevron Caviar or Quilted Caviar?
How much is the Old Medium Boy Bag price in HK now? I will be travelling to hk next month and hope to get one. Thanks!

Resell value - it really depends what country or area of the world you resell your bags. I find the HK resell market quite difficult bc buyers mostly stick to what is in trend but also want really low prices. In other words, they want trendy things at bargain basement prices. I find ppl outside Asia appreciate vintage pieces more or buy used bags that are not necessarily trendy but it’s what the personally like.

I hate that inside zipper. Bubble wrap is a good idea although I just use one of the black felt pieces to layer between the zipper and the inside flap and it seems to work too. But the zipper on my Gabrielle tweed WOC made terrible marks as i lost the felt and ended up with quite strong indents on the soft leather inside. :sadface:

I hate the sound of that zipper!! It sounds so cheap! I wish Chanel would either change that zipper or do away with the useless pocket completely. No one writes love letters they need to secret away in their handbags anyway hahahahaha!

Hi everyone. I will be in Hong Kong next month. I'm looking for a mini flap. Can anyone share their SA contact or tips on the best store to go? Would it be easier to find a mini in Macau instead?
Thank you in advance :biggrin: