Travel Honeymoon in March: Brazil/Argentina, Italy/Greece/Turkey, Egypt? Help!

gee

O.G.
Nov 30, 2006
Hi Gals!

I'm already thinking about where to go on honeymoon next year. Seems like March isn't a very good month to travel - seems to be rainy/off season everywhere (but it's the best time for us to go)!

Any opinions on whether we should go to South America, Europe, or the Middle East for honeymoon? Fiance's vote goes to Europe, but I've been multiple times. Part of me wants to go somewhere new! (Studied in Italy, been to Greece but have not explored thoroughly, and never been to Turkey). I've never been to South America or the Middle East either. We like to do a mix of activities - sightseeing, sampling local cuisine, lounging at a beach or by the sea, and shopping!

Has anyone traveled to these places in March? Things to think about: Many places are closed in Greece til April. We might be able to make it to Carnival in Brazil (but would it be too crazy?). Is Egypt romantic (it is our honeymoon haha!)?

Feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

South America would be nice.... their seasons are opposite ours, so it would be toward the end of their summer. Europe will probably be cold in most parts. My brother had a wedding in Cancun last March and the weather was super nice, if you're interested in Mexico.

I vote for Italy, Greece and Turkey! Very nice places. You might also like to check Santorini in Greece. I've been to Egypt very nice also but for honeymoon I go for Italy, Greece and Turkey. Happy Trip!

I was in Italy in March 2007 and it was wonderful. Weather was clear and sunny and about 65-70 degrees the entire time. I'm not sure if we lucked out or if it's always like that, but it was really lovely. Plus no long lines...

We did a cruise on our honeymoon of Greece, Egypt and Turkey.... just amazing and different from the usual span/italy route that everyone takes... We went in September, so not sure how March will be....

Hi everyone! Thanks for the feedback. I've been traveling, so unable to reply. For now, we've decided to go to Istanbul and most likely around Italy. Egypt is still a possibility, but my fiance and I have decided that flying to South America will take too long!

You will love Istanbul. It doesn't have that touristy feel a lot of places can have and a lot of people can speak English although they absolutely love it when you try to speak Turkish so learn a few words. It is super easy..Turkish words can basically be sounded out and you will get it almost right. Merhaba (mer-ha-ba)=hello, tesekkurler (te-shek-kur-ler)=thank you, lutfen (loot-fan)=please

Have a wonderful time!!