Honey, I Wrecked the Porsche *pics*

Interesting article! This is why I am opposed to my husband driving super fast vehicles. I know he would drive it to its maximum (while breaking all road laws) and something on the road could kill him! He wanted to buy one of those Japanese motorcycles that go like 150 mph! I convinced him to buy a cruiser bike!

i can see where these cars would be difficult to keep control of even if you WEREN'T being a complete douche (which some of the guys in the article definately were). my V8 4Runner tops out at about 350 hp and even IT was something to get used to after driving a volvo for a few years. driving school is SO important - if these guys can afford these cars, they can definately afford a few lessons at a track. too bad most of them probably think they're way too awesome and cool to need driving lessons.

I talked for a while with a salesman at a Porsche dealership when I was looking at cars a while ago. He was telling me stories about people test driving the cars. There were two I remember.

One was a guy who wanted to test drive a Porsche. He SWORE he could drive a stick. He took the car for a test drive and destroyed the transmission.

Another guy took a Boxster out for a spin and went flying and did a 360 in the middle of the street. Guess the mid engine threw him off.

I want to drive a Ferrari one day but I swear I'm going to drive it like a gramma because I'll be too scared to wreck it!