Honesty please...is the J12 past its prime?

Needanotherbag

Halt and Salute
O.G.
Aug 6, 2006
Thanks for humoring me...I've wanted a J12 for the last 8 years but instead went with other time pieces. But the J12 still calls to me, this time in the Titanium ceramic. I have almost purchased it so many times, but I keep wondering, is the J12 a classic, or overplayed? Should I finally buy one or give up this obsession?

If you love J12, Why not? Theres nothing like her in the market,& its unique. You can tell its J12 when you see one, I wouldn't call her dated, its just fashion moves so fast so theres a lot going on, as J12 sticks to its design (with some 'tweeks' for limited edition pieces). Plus how sure are you that you will not be driven to J12 next 8 years? :biggrin:

If you love J12, Why not? Theres nothing like her in the market,& its unique. You can tell its J12 when you see one, I wouldn't call her dated, its just fashion moves so fast so theres a lot going on, as J12 sticks to its design (with some 'tweeks' for limited edition pieces). Plus how sure are you that you will not be driven to J12 next 8 years? :biggrin:
Good point, I'll probably always be drawn to it!

Reactions: Sharifshopping
I feel like it was sort of a trend to start that has managed to turn into a classic.... I still look at them and admire them, that being said I went with a rolex 10 years ago instead of a J 12 and I don't regret it, partially because I'm so happy to have a watch that doesn't need a battery, BUT I certainly wouldn't mind having both... If I thought then that they'd still be going strong today maybe I would have pushed to get both then, the durability factor is also pretty cool no denying that! Just knowing I could have had one for like $3000 then makes it less appealing to buy one at current prices. I'd rather get the rose gold/stainless rolex I've had my eye on.... but again didn't stop me from trying one on last week, because they still are the only other watch to catch my eye really...

I'm probably the minority here :P I don't believe in buying a fashion timepiece at this price. For a timepiece, I want a specialized brand with a history/heritage, and is made from the ground up by one company. I'm sure we all laughed at the Chanel surfboard when we first saw it, similar idea here :smile: Chanel's creation is more about fashion imo. If you change your perspective a little, and think of it as a fashion accessory or jewelry, you may not be as undecided. When do we ever think about whether our gold bracelets or diamond rings would go out of style! Get what you want and wear it with a big smile!

I'm probably the minority here :P I don't believe in buying a fashion timepiece at this price. For a timepiece, I want a specialized brand with a history/heritage, and is made from the ground up by one company. I'm sure we all laughed at the Chanel surfboard when we first saw it, similar idea here :smile: Chanel's creation is more about fashion imo. If you change your perspective a little, and think of it as a fashion accessory or jewelry, you may not be as undecided. When do we ever think about whether our gold bracelets or diamond rings would go out of style! Get what you want and wear it with a big smile!
+1 I have to admit I'm not really a watch fan. But for me I wouldn't purchase a fashion watch in this price range. I'd prefer a timeless piece from a true dedicated luxury watch brand .