Honestly.. WTF?

Veelyn

I'M BACK :)
Oct 16, 2007
Fangtasia
Alright seriously.

I had a buyer buy a shirt from me for $5.74 [Not much I know!] In the auction, I CLEARLY state CONFIRMED ADDRESSES ONLY.

So I get on ebay today to see that my shirt has sold. The buyer sends me a msg saying "You're pp wont let me pay with an unconfirmed addy. please change it."

WTF??!!!!:cursing: Thats why it said what it said.

I can not believe how stupid people are. honestly. Its like, NO I WILL NOT CHANGE IT FOR YOU!

What should I do? Just let her pay or make her send MO? I hate to wait for a MO for $5.74 [well plus shipping!]!!!! UGH! :tdown:

Nov 20, 2007
USA
Depends on how important this is to you. If you waver, you might as well ditch that policy altogether.

75% of my ebay sales over past 5 yrs are to unconfirmed addresses all over the world, I never had a problem. Problems arose only from buyers with US confirmed addresses.

geniepr

Oct 16, 2007
Because the item is so cheap I don't think you should have a problem. Try telling her that because her address in unconfirmed you have to charge extra for signature confirmation.

Veelyn

I'M BACK :)
Oct 16, 2007
Fangtasia
I just accepted the payment. All I ever want is a smooth transaction, and true, its not that much, so hopefully it wont bite me in the arse.

I had an auction end earlier and the person didnt read the full auction. She only had 7 fb and I require a msg with 10 or less positive fb. I mean dont people read? Jeez. Its simple things that can be avoided. Thanks for letting me vent.

Geminiz06

Feb 13, 2008
New York
sometimes we just need to vent ;). She probably isn't too aware of these stipulations as she is relatively new....But it is annoying when people dont follow directions:mad:

lucywife

O.G.
Sep 14, 2006
Oh, this is so common and pisses me off all the time! :mad: How difficult is it to comprehend those simple things?

moi et mes sacs

Science Geek!
O.G.
Sep 22, 2007
I think I would let it go as it is a small amount. But I would let this person know this is a one time exception and they should confirm their address for future purchases, its easy, takes litle time and saves everyone a lot of hassle.

Varied_obsessions

Because I said so
O.G.
May 7, 2006
75% of my ebay sales over past 5 yrs are to unconfirmed addresses all over the world, I never had a problem. Problems arose only from buyers with US confirmed addresses.
You have been very very lucky!! Unless it's very little money or worth very little to me, I can't imagine. I've not had any problems selling with charge backs etc, but that's only because I go with ALL of the bells and whistles for my protection. I'd inevitably get the nuts and scammers.

Jul 12, 2007
Australia
Depends on how important this is to you. If you waver, you might as well ditch that policy altogether.

I agree with chipmunk. Most of my buyers are unconfirmed addresses I just confirm the address with them before sending out their item.