Alexander Wang Honest opinions please.....

Nancy in VA

Bal & Legacy Lover
O.G.
Aug 21, 2006
Just received my first AW from Barneys - an ocean rocco - I had seen Crazyforhandbags ocean rocco and loved it - but my rocco is not bubbly like hers -mine looks like it has stretchmarks instead of pebbles.....not sure if I love it that much. Ths strips have pebbles but not the main leather of the bag. Am I being too picky? Do you think if I return it and reorder another one it might have more pebbles or are they not as bubbly lately?

What do you think?

P1030756.jpg

P1030755.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think you're being too picky:nogood: Uneven pebbling is a pet peeve of mine and since it's an exclusive color you won't be able to find it later (well at least not for a mark-up). You need to be completely happy with it and if there is any doubt then I say ship her back and exchange. Maybe they can make a note in your account that you'd like evenly pebbled leather?

it's undoubtedly still a gorgeous bag + love love love the colour! :love: ...but if you're not satisfied with any part of it then you could give them a call to see if they have another in stock? + ask how pebbly it is? x

I've read a fair amount of posts lately saying that the newer generations of the roccos are being made with leather that is not as pebbly as previous generations. I'm not sure if this is a change in quality, type of leather, etc.

But if you're not thrilled with the bag, I think you should send it back. I'm just not sure if another one will be better.

i actually think that it's pretty cool that the straps are "bubbly" while the main body is smoother .. it makes it look like it's part of a design (rather than accidental)
but if you are not completely happy and satisfied with the bag, you should return/exchange it.

not picky at all! i bought a black/brass rocco from shop bop and returned it. the "pebbling" was identical to yours. total turn off. i will have to find someplace around me that carries AW roccos to hand pick my own before i purchase again.

I dont mind that parts of the bag are more pebbly - I just wish the entire bag was pebbly.

It is a nice bag though - kinda growing on me - I really love the design - not really heavy to me and just the right size - not too big or too small.

I also preferred the pebbled texture all over if possible if not, at least 80-90% of the bag. The pebbling is the part that attracts me, the first time it came out & the deciding factor for me to buy it.
I'd exchange it, if it were me.

The funny thing is I look on the Barneys website and none of the Rocco pictured have good pebble. I think I am going to go to Saks in Tysons and take a look at the Roccos in person -

Thanks for all the opinions - I returned it - just checked Saks near me - they dont stock it so if I want to try again I will have to order on-line - not sure if I will get pebbles