Honest opinions please!

blivlien

O.G.
Jan 10, 2008
I got the regular green Somerset Tote from Shepton Mallet on Thursday, so if I decide to return it I have to send it back by tomorrow.

First impressions - i love the colour of the bright green. It's just what I was looking for. The pebbled leather is lovely and soft and I love the contrasting silver hardware. Good size for everyday and it fits all my stuff in nicely. The only thing I'm a little unsure about is the shape. Sorry if this offends anyway who owns the bag, but do you think it looks a little old ladyish or too grown up for me? I'm 22, so I don't want anything that looks too old for me...My bro, who sometimes gets dragged into shopping with bags with me, likes the colour and leather, but doesn't like the shape.

I've put modelling pics below. I'm in my work clothes, so I like how it looks with them. Just not sure what it really looks like with my casual ones. For those with the this bag, do you use it just for work or casually too? Should I keep it or return it?

regular green somerset tote.jpg

elbow - green somerset tote.jpg

front modelling green somerset tote.jpg

side modelling of green somerset tote.jpg

It's a lovely bag, but if you're not in love with it then I think you should probably return it, unless you just want to use if for work as you say you like how it looks with your work clothes. If you're looking for a bag that goes with smart and casual and you aren't convinced by this one, then there are plenty of other styles that will work well for both.

I want to say this color is absolutely a good pick!!! I think you look good with the bag!!

However if you really don't like the shape, I think you should return it. Follow your heart, you are the only one who know what you really want! Personally I think Somerset bag looks a bit old, I duno ... probably the shape....?!?! but I really think you picked best good colour on this bag! very nice GREEN!!!!

If I were you, I would keep it cos it really looks so fresh on u!

She´s a real beauty. And the colour is just lovely. I`d keep her. IMO I think she will look even better with "casual clothes". I think she´ll look stunning with a pair of jeans or a skirt without the width, which will bring out the best of her nicely shaped silhouette. It does´nt at all look too grown up on you, if you ask me. She looks great on you... yes, honestly.

hi blivlien, its a great colour and i don't think it's too old for you it's just that i'm not so keen on the shape but i would say if you have doubts i would return it and get something that you love :smile:

Have you thought about the somerset round hobo? I have seen it in the outlets in the same green colour and the same leather. The only picture I can find is of a black one on Ebay (item number 180372486662). That way you get the great colour in a different shape bag.

Last edited:
I am twice your age and I just cant fall in love with the somerset style- sorry those of you who love it- for me it just seems a bit too plain - the green is a lovely colour but needs a bit more/different shape to give it the wow? There are so many styles and colours - something for everyone and I think if it doesnt make you personally go wow I am in love- then send it back and try something else- maybe try a few on in a store with bruv giving his honest opinion and then phone round the outlets until you find the right one for you? Good luck- it may take a while but it will be worth it-Ive just recd one of my icon/wish lists - an oak roxy and I love it- and am waiting for my choc bays with anticipation- that is how this should make you feel(IMO)

I really like it on you!! but then I am a fan of this somerset bag anyway. Im 27 and have one in oak, I dont think it is too old for me. I think the green adds a freshness to it aswell.

As the others have said though, if you dont love it, then send it back.

thanks for your opinions!

fuzzyfelt, i saw the emerald mabel today as I'd been thinking about it, but it's more turquoise than bright green to me

bagbear, i never knew about the somerset round hobo! i quite like it...maybe i shall phone around tomorrow :graucho:

when i see the somerset tote on others i really like it and how they wear whether they're young or old. i shall have a think...

Have you thought about the somerset round hobo? I have seen it in the outlets in the same green colour and the same leather. The only picture I can find is of a black one on Ebay (item number 180372486662). That way you get the great colour in a different shape bag.

oh i forgot to ask which outlet did you see it at and do you happen to know what the price was?

What size is your bag blivien? I have the green somerset tote which seems narrower at the bottom than yours (unless it just looks narrower on me because I am wider than you ifkwim). Mine is the regular size, is yours large? At the end of the day whatever anyone else says you need to be happy with the bag and I'm sure you will make the right decision for you.