Honest opinion - Is this a classic Tiffany piece?

If you're only planning on getting one Tiffany piece, I would consider something that's been around longer, or that could be more versatile to go with more looks. I'm thinking of the bean, DBTY in SS, or a key, for instance. I tend to think that the pieces that don't shout Tiffany (not plastered with the brand in huge letters) are a bit 'older', and age better.

That being said, if you're going to get one of the chunky choker-style necklaces, I think the toggle one is the best choice by far.

If you're only planning on getting one Tiffany piece, I would consider something that's been around longer, or that could be more versatile to go with more looks. I'm thinking of the bean, DBTY in SS, or a key, for instance. I tend to think that the pieces that don't shout Tiffany (not plastered with the brand in huge letters) are a bit 'older', and age better.

That being said, if you're going to get one of the chunky choker-style necklaces, I think the toggle one is the best choice by far.

My thoughts exactly.

andieabroad said:
if you're only planning on getting one tiffany piece, i would consider something that's been around longer, or that could be more versatile to go with more looks. I'm thinking of the bean, dbty in ss, or a key, for instance. I tend to think that the pieces that don't shout tiffany (not plastered with the brand in huge letters) are a bit 'older', and age better.

That being said, if you're going to get one of the chunky choker-style necklaces, i think the toggle one is the best choice by far.

+2

I would personally rather have a daintier silver necklace (like the bean - so chic and cute and simple!) OR, do this toggle style in a bracelet. I think it's a little more wearable?

agree...I associate the toggle styles as something a teenager wears....just my opinion :smile:

I like this chain, I have the RTT version with the heart. I don't wear it a lot, but sometimes it is just the perfect accessory. Another bonus is that you can put the toggle in the back and put a charm in the front for a different option.

I'm 41, so not necessarily that young. Lol

I think I like both the bracelet and necklace. I don't own any chunky style necklaces at all at this point.

I've also got other dainty pieces on my wish list (loving the Garden Medallion pendant) but I seem to just like this...

I don't see it often at all here, and Tiffany isn't particularly common amongst teenagers here either... no store and too pricey!

I guess I don't want to look silly.

Tiffany silver among teenagers is very prevalent In the past couple of areas I have lived in over the years. This is usually their starter piece and then even they grow out of it. I'd recommend a different piece or to go w a bracelet instead. As a necklace I think you'll lose interest in it.

Agreed!

Tiffany silver among teenagers is very prevalent In the past couple of areas I have lived in over the years. This is usually their starter piece and then even they grow out of it. I'd recommend a different piece or to go w a bracelet instead. As a necklace I think you'll lose interest in it.

Agreed, I had this when I was around 16-17 and sold it when I turned 20. This is definitely a classic Tiffany piece, meaning that if you wear it, people will know it's Tiffany. I agree with the posters who suggested daintier pieces in the Tiffany collection.

Personally, I'm not a fan of this style. So what I'm trying to say is, classic Tiffany piece or not, you should get what you like, not because it's a classic piece or not.

Not a fan of this style too. As others have mentioned, I would go for something daintier and suitable for everyday wear that can be dressed up or down. For reference, in 23 in a major metro area.